Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Classy IS as Classy DOES - Part 6

sb41champs

1. Central Indiana "Papa John's" franchises are promoting a "Chuck Strong" pizza special !!

According to the television ad - Colts fans can purchase a large pizza for only $10 !!

$1.00 from each pizza purchased will be donated to the IU Health Simon Cancer Center in honor of Colts Coach Chuck Pagano !!

2. Colts OG Mike McGlynn Saves Christmas !!

A Shelbyville, Ind., woman had just finished Christmas shopping for her family last week when she returned to her car in a store parking lot and found that

someone had broken into it and stolen all the gifts. Some people really know how to put the gloom in Black Friday. Lori Diehl, 31, said she lost about $500 in gifts.

Making matters worse is that Lori’s husband, Matthew, is undergoing chemotherapy to treat Hodgkin’s lymphoma. They’re hoping that the cancer will soon be in remission. Both are teachers. They were teetering financially before the burglary, but now it looked like they wouldn’t have a Christmas for their three children.

Then, this happened: Megan McGlynn, wife of Indianapolis Colts starting offensive guard Mike McGlynn, was watching the local news on TV when she saw the story about the Diehls. She told Mike,

and he was determined to do something about it.

Mike McGlynn contacted the Colts, who got in touch with Lori Diehl, 31, Shelbyville. He paid for everything lost, about $500 in gifts.

“I made a little donation to her and her family, just to make the Christmas time better,” said McGlynn, 27. “We’re so blessed in here, what we’re doing right now. To see somebody who has something happen, everybody works hard for their money, everybody works hard for whatever they can get. To have it taken away is just the wrong thing.

“I decided to do something for this family. Hopefully it will be a great Christmas for them.”

McGlynn even talked by phone with the Diehls’ son, 3-year-old Brayden.

“We had struggled this year and people will never know how much of a blessing they were to reach out to us,” Diehl said. “Somehow, I felt like I had let all of them down. I was just devastated.”

When McGlynn phoned, he said, “No one should feel that way during the holidays.”

Anybody can call and say they're a Colts Fan. How will they know who's Lying just to get a Cheap Pizza

I believe it is just their special. It's not restricted to just Colts fans. It's just a special they have right now that they called ChuckStrong and $1 from each goes to cancer research

Papa John's offers CHUCKSTRONG Special, a large up to 5 toppings pizza, for $10 and $1 from each donated to IU Health Simon Cancer Center.

— IBJ The Score (@IBJTheScore)

November 27, 2012

I believe it is just their special. It's not restricted to just Colts fans. It's just a special they have right now that they called ChuckStrong and $1 from each goes to cancer research

Oh, well he typed it saying Colts Fans get the $10 Pizza that's why I asked

That's great to hear, to bad there is trash out there who would actually break into people's cars to steal Christmas presents. Such much trash in the world in general, fortunately there are many great things and great people as well.

We see lots of good things and people within the Colts organization.