Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jessie Williams

The few mocks I've seen from blogs have the Colts picking up Jessie Williams...the DT from Bama...I dont like the pick because there are so many DT's in this draft, On the plus side at his size (6'4" 320) he can play DE or NT. He's a run stuffer but he's by no means a pass rusher...is stronger than chapman which is scary but like Chapman has knee issues (see SEC Championship)

Thoughts??????

i think cb and olb are bigger needs then nt. tevaseu and johnson have actually played well at nt. the problem with the defense is we can't get any pressure from anyone but mathis and vontae is the only cb on the roster that can cover. jessie williams is a great player but not worth taking in the first round. xavier rhodes, johnathan banks,and alex okafor are the guys we should go after.

First..... it's incredibly rare to find ANY nt who can put pressure on the QB. The position, is by design, a run stuffer and to keep OL off the LB's.

Second.... I don't think Williams is a first round talent... so maybe we take him, but not in the first round. I'd question any mock draft that shows Williams as a first rounder.

Third.... Williams is stronger than Chapman? Really? I mean, really? Is there a story that says that somewhere? Some link? I'd love to take a look.

I do not want to spend a 1st round pick on a NT. I just don't. I'm fine if it's a DE, or DT, but NOT a NT.

Just my two cents....

First..... it's incredibly rare to find ANY nt who can put pressure on the QB. The position, is by design, a run stuffer and to keep OL off the LB's.

Second.... I don't think Williams is a first round talent... so maybe we take him, but not in the first round. I'd question any mock draft that shows Williams as a first rounder.

Third.... Williams is stronger than Chapman? Really? I mean, really? Is there a story that says that somewhere? Some link? I'd love to take a look.

I do not want to spend a 1st round pick on a NT. I just don't. I'm fine if it's a DE, or DT, but NOT a NT.

Just my two cents....

williams has been in and out of the scouts inc big board...so at this point i guess he is a borderline first rounder.

andi think he did break several alabama weight lifting records....guy is crazy strong

i do believe he played DE as a junior, and some project him as a 34 de in the nfl

Remember this name DT Brandon Williams 6'3 325lbs and can play the nose and the end position in a 3-4. Missouri Southern senior defensive tackle Brandon Williams has been named the Division II National Defensive Player of the Year . He is the Division II version of Star Louteli. and runs a 4.9 in the 40yrd dash.

“I can play in either scheme, a 3-4 or 4-3 because in college I played the whole D-line and then, and when we went to our 3-3 stuff, I was the outside 5-tech as well as over the center. I played in any and every position, so I am comfortable playing in any scheme.”

Coming into the season, Williams was highly ranked by BLESTO Scouting. He was the No. 6-ranked senior defensive tackle in the country, and it is clear that there are those that really like him as a player. Couple that with a great workout and excellent meetings, and it should surprise no one if Williams were to get drafted in the second round of the 2013 NFL draft.

4th-5th round projection because he comes from a division II school but he can play. Im going to say he will/should be our 4th round selection

Remember this name DT Brandon Williams 6'3 325lbs and can play the nose and the end position in a 3-4. Missouri Southern senior defensive tackle Brandon Williams has been named the Division II National Defensive Player of the Year . He is the Division II version of Star Louteli. and runs a 4.9 in the 40yrd dash.

“I can play in either scheme, a 3-4 or 4-3 because in college I played the whole D-line and then, and when we went to our 3-3 stuff, I was the outside 5-tech as well as over the center. I played in any and every position, so I am comfortable playing in any scheme.”

Coming into the season, Williams was highly ranked by BLESTO Scouting. He was the No. 6-ranked senior defensive tackle in the country, and it is clear that there are those that really like him as a player. Couple that with a great workout and excellent meetings, and it should surprise no one if Williams were to get drafted in the second round of the 2013 NFL draft.

4th-5th round projection because he comes from a division II school but he can play. Im going to say he will/should be our 4th round selection

I'm a fan already......can we sign a petition????

!

What I really like is it seems he got basically 9 sacks playing as a nose guard and 5 technique DE, plus he can play the run. I see that he has much versatility to play all positions on the line from what he says. Overall I think he is an impressive player. Definitely worth a long look, and I wouldn't be mad if we picked him up.

What I really like is it seems he got basically 9 sacks playing as a nose guard and 5 technique DE, plus he can play the run. I see that he has much versatility to play all positions on the line from what he says. Overall I think he is an impressive player. Definitely worth a long look, and I wouldn't be mad if we picked him up.

He will be at the Senior Bowl later on this year as well