Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vander Esch and injuries

I know there are some LVE fans here, and I didn't see any reference to the drama he's been going through approaching the draft...  The Walter Football report from Charlie Campbell saying LVE is off some draft boards due to health concerns.  The article below is the denial from LVE's agent, although even more well known/respected sources, like Mort, do confirm there is some concern over the neck injury from 2016. 

I'm not as big a fan of his as the other top LBs, but I'm not sure what to make of the reports - whether they move the needle at all about my opinion.  I do find it interesting that the same general thing happened to Ajayi and reports about his knee right before that draft.  Who is so anti-Boise St that this is a pattern now?  Strange for sure. 

https://www.idahopress.com/blueturfsports/football/agent-for-leighton-vander-esch-calls-report-he-failed-medical/article_47da22dd-2c1b-5ff8-b7f0-41388cd98719.html

I would not put a lot of weight into this.  Every year there are some players that get caught in the mix.  Reports floated in hopes players drop so teams can get them at their pick or with better "value".  Not sure he goes in the 1st but I would grab him in the 2nd for sure.

• Like 1