Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which trade with the Jets would you of rather done?

There has been a lot of talk about Derwin James on here lately, how him and Hooker could be our version of the Legion of Boom. This made me think of something a month ago when I heard from a friend that we traded down with the Jets. I was originally hoping we acquired Jamal Adams from the Jets to move down 3 spots.

So my question to you guys is, would you rather have the three 2nd round picks we received from the Jets, or would you of rather moved down 3 spots and received Jamal Adams to make our secondary elite?

I don't know if Ballard attempted to get Adams from the Jets or if he just went after draft picks, but it's something interesting to think about and something I think the Jets may of done.

Let me know in the comments below which trade you would of done if given the choice and why!

3 minutes ago, DarkSuperman said:

I'm taking the draft picks in order to fill more holes. I'm also hoping Geathers returns to form and TJ Green breaks out in 2018.

Personally, I'm unsure of Geathers health, so I'm probably taking Adams (though I love the trade Ballard did). Geathers would be a fantastic backup, and playing him sporadically would lengthen his career and keep him healthy IMO, while Green would be better as a backup to Hooker and could try and learn some more as a backup. With those 4, we'd have the best young Safety group in the NFL IMO.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Personally, I'm unsure of Geathers health, so I'm probably taking Adams (though I love the trade Ballard did). Geathers would be a fantastic backup, and playing him sporadically would lengthen his career and keep him healthy IMO, while Green would be better as a backup to Hooker and could try and learn some more as a backup. With those 4, we'd have the best young Safety group in the NFL IMO.

I would love to have Adams, but with the number of holes this team has right now, I would have to trust Ballard in being able to draft guys who can contribute right away. Our defense has so many holes in it and I would rather stick with Geathers and Green and try to add some talent around them. But I get what you're saying.

1 minute ago, DarkSuperman said:

I would love to have Adams, but with the number of holes this team has right now, I would have to trust Ballard in being able to draft guys who can contribute right away. Our defense has so many holes in it and I would rather stick with Geathers and Green and try to add some talent around them. But I get what you're saying.

I do think Ballard is far and away a better drafter than Grigson. Hooker and Wilson should both be hits, the rest have potential as well, and the only real bust was Banner out of the group. If we assume Ballard can get two starters from those three 2nd rounders, then it'll be close to the same impact. Should be fun in 5 days!