Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offensive Line is Offensive

D-lineman

On 10/17/2017 at 1:14 PM, richard pallo said:

The line was okay in the 1st. half but the Titan defense was pretty vanilla.  Second half they ramped up the blitzes and more stunting.  Clark was lost in the second half.  Starting Clark was a desperation move.  Maybe he can improve but learning a new position on the fly during the regular season could have terrible consequences.  I blame this OL mess on Philbin.  Poor coaching and poor evaluator of talent?  Not sure which it is.  They didn't go hard after the OL last offseason season.  Looks like Philbin thought he had his starters and was he wrong.  Ballard needs to make the OL a major if not THE major area of focus this offseason.  After this start Irsay should demand it.  No ands ifs or buts about it!

I will give Ballard credit for VG job with front D 5 and his draft.
 He WILL do something serious with the O-Line  and ILB in 2018.
  Plenty to fix beyond that but.... we will see. go colts

On 10/17/2017 at 12:22 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Oh, the irony.....

Why would you make this post after last night?

In case you weren't watching,   last night was the best the O-line looked all season.     Both the pass protectin and the run blocking were dramatically improved.     I'm sorry you didn't notice that.     Even Gruden was very complimentary of the line play. 

You're a new poster.     Welcome to the website.     Hope you enjoy it.      But this post?     It's a headscratcher.

New Colts fan, how does the crow taste? I’m not a new poster and have been on this forum for years- the offensive line is atrocious and you defending them zeros out all credibility. #clueless

1 hour ago, D-lineman said:

New Colts fan, how does the crow taste? I’m not a new poster and have been on this forum for years- the offensive line is atrocious and you defending them zeros out all credibility. #clueless

If you had simply waited a week to make the post you would've been fine.    None of this would've happened.   But like most outraged fans you just couldn't wait to make your point, you couldn't keep your powder dry.

If you had made the same post TONIGHT you would've been fine.    But no, you had to do it after a game where the line allowed ZERO sacks and blocked well for the run game.

I never said the line was fixed, I asked why you were making such a silly looking post after the best effort of the season?

Now you're back to shout "I told you so!"

Good for you.    And if you're not new and I have no credibility with you that tells me all I need to know.

Good Luck to you.   Enjoy the website!

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you had simply waited a week to make the post you would've been fine.    None of this would've happened.   But like most outraged fans you just couldn't wait to make your point, you couldn't keep your powder dry.

If you had made the same post TONIGHT you would've been fine.    But no, you had to do it after a game where the line allowed ZERO sacks and blocked well for the run game.

I never said the line was fixed, I asked why you were making such a silly looking post after the best effort of the season?

Now you're back to shout "I told you so!"

Good for you.    And if you're not new and I have no credibility with you that tells me all I need to know.

Good Luck to you.   Enjoy the website!

Because he wanted to say I told you so even though I am not sure many disagreed with him.  I think at best most were skeptical but hopeful about the line.  Yes I am sure some said it was fixed because Irsay said it but that wasn’t the overwhelming impression I got that people were feeling coming into the season.