ColtsBlueFL

Colts draft player interest list

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why?  Did you go to St. Francis?

No. I just love how this kid plays. He's not the most talented or the biggest or the fastest, but he busts his butt and makes plays. Give me hard work over talent any day

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

No. I just love how this kid plays. He's not the most talented or the biggest or the fastest, but he busts his butt and makes plays. Give me hard work over talent any day

He ran a 4.7.    He will get abused in coverage in three NFL

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He ran a 4.7.    He will get abused in coverage in three NFL

Green runs a 4.3 and still gets burned in coverage. Speed isn't everything

• Like 1

Just saw this little piece here: 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-dion-dawkins-could-help-colts-protection-woes/

Dawkins is a really good run blocker as well. Of course they are comparing his college stats to pro stats, which is a bit silly. But Dawkins is apparently a guy the Colts have shown some interest in, I think he's likely to be a 2nd round pick. 

33 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Still in disbelief neither Conley or White are on that list 

Dude, a lot of the time the guy picked isn't one that has been brought in for a workout. Take Conley for example. He certainly has the tape. He performed exceptionally at the combine. He has no character concerns as far as I am aware.

The Colts surely had representatives at his pro day. We alwaya have someone at the Ohio Statre pro day. Without any major questions to be answered, getting him into the facility isn't that big of a concern.

23 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

Dude, a lot of the time the guy picked isn't one that has been brought in for a workout. Take Conley for example. He certainly has the tape. He performed exceptionally at the combine. He has no character concerns as far as I am aware.

The Colts surely had representatives at his pro day. We alwaya have someone at the Ohio Statre pro day. Without any major questions to be answered, getting him into the facility isn't that big of a concern.

Well this is the first time I've really followed the draft. So I don't know everything obviously.

I still think that's extremely weird. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Barkley is still only a human. Unless we improve our O-line significantly, it doesn't matter who our RB is. With the depth of this RB class, I would be unhappy if they pick Bradley. I still hope they trade down and pick Nelson, who's also "a generational talent". Unless our O-line get fixed, we won't turn things around. Make Norwell the best paid lineman in the league and draft Nelson, and we'll be set for a long time, and Luck won't get killed. Then pick up a good RB prospect in the second round (remember we'll have traded down, and gotten an extra second rounder for certain).
    •   Overall, an excellent post, but I really want to focus on this part. Though even if Barkley didn't have this issue, I still wouldn't take him at #3.. I don't think RB is worth it.   Barkley doesn't hit lanes inside hard, with violence of someone like Gurley who was just savage at it in college. He tries to bounce outside, to an open space, where he is absolutely fantastic so it's understandable. Just as a pure runner, I don't think he's the best RB prospect to come out in recent years. If the hole isn't there inside, he has bad tendency to stop moving his feet. As you said, can it be coached out of him? And why does it happen. Is he little soft? Overcompensating for bad O-line? Or something else that can be coached out of him?   College football is different than NFL and though Barkley obviously had bad OL, the decision making before LOS for RB is crucial imo. That's one thing where prospects can be evaluated equally, no matter what scheme, competition or OL talent they run behind.   So.. Maybe Barkley won't be bell-cow back? But more like Reggie Bush? Reggie Bush didn't become a great runner until later in his career when his athleticism had declined. How soon will it happen with Barkley? However, there is no denying his athleticism and talent as a receiver. So the ideal usage for him might be more similar to how many scatbacks are used.. But he would probably be even bigger mismatch in the passing game and better runner than best scatbacks in the game today (Lewis, White, Riddick etc.). Or just bigger, more athletic and better pure runner than McCaffrey. I'd actually be more willing to use high pick on that kind of player than RB like Gurley, Elliott and Fournette.
    • It's a different situation because they didn't have the quarterback. We (hopefully!) do.   Look at the way the league is trending. It's all about building a defense that can limit the opposition or having a quarterback who can elevate the play of those around him. If you have both them you're basically the Pats.    Between 2011 and 2016 we spent only 5 of a possible 18 high draft picks on defense (with 4 of those being 3rd rounders!!!) and we've basically been swimming again at the tide of the NFL.   I've never seen a fan base so occupied with offense. It's time to look at what the Championship teams are doing and replicate it.
    • Unless they value the top 3 QBs exactly the same it would be stupid to take Saquan 1st overall and be left with 2nd or 3rd choice at QB. 
  • Members

• ClaytonColt

ClaytonColt 223

• CopenhagenColt

CopenhagenColt 88

• #25HallOfFamer

#25HallOfFamer 10

• ty4atd

ty4atd 57

• Swan Ronson

Swan Ronson 174

• ReMeDy