Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Questionable Playoff Officiating?

bWild

This is completely out of the realm of Colts football, but did anyone else watch the Saints vs. Lions game last night? I felt like there were some pretty obvious "bad calls" or "no calls" that worked out in the Saints favor constantly. To me this paralelled the Steelers vs. Seahawks Super Bowl; phantom holding calls, piling up penalties on one team, turning a blind eye, etc. Now, I'm not a Lions suppporter, although I'm happy to see them having success, and I certainly don't have ill feeling toward the Saints, but I am a football fan that like to watch football games unfold without the officiating crew putting their mark on the game.

1st of all, anything "completely outside the realm of Colts football" would go somewhere other than the Colts football forum, ya think?

Secondly, yes, I agree. I'm always the last guy that calls shinanagins when refs make bad calls....but last night was horrible. They wiped points off the board with the 'ol inadvertent whistle and made several inexcusable calls, ALL of which went against the Lions. They took home-field advantage to an extreme.

I seen them measuring for a first down once and they showed a close up of the sticks and they clearly had the stick twisted with the chain connection in the front instead of the back. It shortened the measurement by a few inches.... they did NOT correct the entanglement - they awarded the first down. THAT was inexcusable and IMO evidence of legit shenanigans!

I seen them measuring for a first down once and they showed a close up of the sticks and they clearly had the stick twisted with the chain connection in the front instead of the back. It shortened the measurement by a few inches.... they did NOT correct the entanglement - they awarded the first down. THAT was inexcusable and IMO evidence of legit shenanigans!

There were two unbelievable ball spots. Just a horrendously officiated game. They should be ashamed of themselves.

1st of all, anything "completely outside the realm of Colts football" would go somewhere other than the Colts football forum, ya think?

Secondly, yes, I agree. I'm always the last guy that calls shinanagins when refs make bad calls....but last night was horrible. They wiped points off the board with the 'ol inadvertent whistle and made several inexcusable calls, ALL of which went against the Lions. They took home-field advantage to an extreme.

To be honest, I don't really care to participate in other forums. There's a good group here, and not too many trolls afoot. I hope this didn't bother you too much.

To be honest, I don't really care to participate in other forums. There's a good group here, and not too many trolls afoot. I hope this didn't bother you too much.

oh no...no bother. Just some advice for next time. You made a good thread though. I was waiting for someone to comment on that horror show of officiating.

....and when I said "forums" I meant forums within this website....as in the Colts Forum....the NFL General Forum and the other ancillary separate forums on this website.

You haven't seen anything yet. The Steelers play today and the referees will be carrying their terrible towels like usual.

They're playing at Denver so I expect them to behave.

Tebow is going to get shamed in his first playoff appearance.

Whats really starting to tick me off are the no calls on offensive holding. I seen numerous times this weekend of defensive lineman getting held big time and a few times they were even pushed in the back so they couldn't get the sack. This crap has got to stop. And the inavertent whistles on both the Lions (which cost them 7 points) and last nights no lateral fumble which kept the Steelers in the game.

Whats really starting to tick me off are the no calls on offensive holding. I seen numerous times this weekend of defensive lineman getting held big time and a few times they were even pushed in the back so they couldn't get the sack. This crap has got to stop. And the inavertent whistles on both the Lions (which cost them 7 points) and last nights no lateral fumble which kept the Steelers in the game.

That has been a problem for years there is always missed holding calls and it really ticks me off as well. It does seem like the saints and pats get some help from the refs.....

Terrible towels just like usual.

I heard that whistle. You could even hear it in the replay, don't know what's so mysterious about that. We all know when the whistle's blown, the play's dead. Yeah, Denver should've gotten the ball, but rules are rules. Remember the same thing happening to the Chargers several years ago? (Which I'll admit- I thought was actually pretty funny, since it cost the Chargers the game).

That has to be the single-most missed call in the entire NFL. I see it every week. (I'm referring to the no calls on offensive holding). I think the officiating has been awful this year. Every week, there are multiple missed calls, and most of them are obvious.

That has been a problem for years there is always missed holding calls and it really ticks me off as well. It does seem like the saints and pats get some help from the refs.....

Your right that it has but as of late it seems to me it has gotten totally out of hand. I wouldn't be surprised if someone one of these days takes out a ref for a game changing crap call. I could see Harrison doing that.