Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nearing the End...Peyton Fighting Father Time

dgambill

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Personally I don't count super bowl wins because that is team orientated.  It takes a whole team to win super bowls. We have QBs who are not considered even great or even that good who are wearing a ring. There is no need for me to list those QB as we all pretty much know who they are. Peyton changed the way the position was played and just about all present day QBs copy his style and even his cadence. He is one of a kind and has been since day one. As far as GOAT there is no clear cut answer to that with no apparent answer. It's all opinion. You have an old time QB named Sammy Baugh. It can be said he Might be the GOAT but he was a superior player in a time when players didn't play full time. Do we discount what he did because of era? Is Marino not in the picture because of no rings? There are still those who overlook Bradshaw but yet he has four rings. Peyton is my favorite player and it's been one heck of a ride.

Great Post. Marino is in the picture so is Terry. It is opinion but we can agree it's probably between 15 QB's at most for best ever. Peyton to me is a Coach on the field and I would take him #1 in a Draft. Montana is the best ever just out of respect when factoring everything in as he has the Stats unlike Bradshaw and in 4 SB's he threw no INT's.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/25/2015 at 6:18 PM, Bogie said:

He knows as well as we know, he's not going to win another Super Bowl. They had that opportunity in 2014 when they were favored, and shot up all those stats to break those records, then got in the SB and played like a bunch of musicians that met over a weekend that have never played with each other, and then got on stage and had an epic disaster. That's how bad they looked in that SB, and I don't care about how Seattle was the better team. Denver was favored, and over 70% of people were picking them to win it. No one was saying "Seattle was the better team" before that epic blow out occurred. 

He needs to retire after this season. His arm is gone, and his offensive line is bad enough to get him hurt. Hang it up now while your health is in good condition, instead of risking to permanently damage your body chasing stats. 

He's lucky, very lucky. He's got the stats, he's got a ring, and he's got a legacy. He should be happy and retire at the end of the year. 

Good call 

Nice article that says more about the NFL player's life than just Peyton. I recall Mike Dikta pointing out on a video of the Hall of Fame induction ceremony the camera don't capture the audience members coming in to watch. They are injured, slow, crippled and tired. Ditka spoke of it to bring light to the fact of the brutality of the  game on the body. Those guys are Supermen and are deserving of the recognition of being a huge cut above the average person in terms of the desire to reach their goals. Think about Manning's career after the blowout against Seattle in SB 48 and it says it all. A champion by any and all definitions.