Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 Reasons Why Peyton Will Be Ready For Game 1

bayone

after an intro 5 reasons are given why Peyton will be ready for game 1

I found # 4 RE: REHAB INTERESTING

Fourth, the problem with his neck is not structural. It is my understanding that he is not risking further injury to his neck through contact. The only issue, as I understand it, is the rehab process. This rehab process would involve the strength of the arm. Here’s what we know, circumstantially, about that process: Peyton was seen throwing in Denver over a month ago. He was seen throwing at the start of camp. He continued to throw over a long period of time, started becoming more visible with the team, and was making trips with the team. All signs, rehab wise, seem to point towards continual progress.

A concluding paragraph follows the 5th

COLTZILLA SITE

My link

good points and i agree with them. i think hes going to start day one of the season and we will see a very dominant team on the field. but i do believe painter wont make it through cuts though as for he is the worst qb ive ever seen. even when the lions had harrington as starter harrington makes painter look really bad and harrington is down right bad himself.

Those reasons are all well and good, but only one thing matters - the doctors' opinion.

As much as you, me, Irsay, and Manning himself all want him to be there week 1 it's irrelevant. If the guy is in jeopardy of further injury and affecting his career/quality of life then he should be kept out. Whether it's one game or worst case scenario all 16 games and we need to throw the season. (We could bring in any of the top QB's in the league and we'd still go nowhere)

Let's just hope he heals up enough to get cleared. Otherwise we'll be digging ourselves out of either a small hole or an insurmountable one late in the season. At which point we may as well play for Andrew Luck.

I really believe the Colts D feeds of Mannings Offense. And without Manning, the D is out on the field way too long. Watching Manning gives the D fire. That is a major key to they're success IMO.

this is the manning effect

peyton missing time effects the whole team

offence is not as sharp or dont run the hurry up

overall not effective so when the practice again the defence instead of peyton torching our defence in practice and making them improve the defence think their good stopping painter and olacsy but when the go again another team they gets torched

basically what im saying with out manning every one will suffer in practice and ask wade phillips you play like you practice cause you practice like you play

good points and i agree with them. i think hes going to start day one of the season and we will see a very dominant team on the field. but i do believe painter wont make it through cuts though as for he is the worst qb ive ever seen. even when the lions had harrington as starter harrington makes painter look really bad and harrington is down right bad himself.

look painter is not good but lets give him another chance every time he play its with back ups against redskins no wayne, no collie, no gonzo and the o line is still in shuffles

i saw painter make so good throws but receivers drop the ball also the problem with yesterday was the pulled saturday and i think deim early so less time to throw and also

what i noticed was when the o line gave him time receivers could not get no separation

again no wayne, no collie, no gonzo when we have a full line up are weapons are pretty good

i was actually starting to feel alot better after reading that article.

until i read the last sentence....... and the panic set in again.

Do understand what u mean, maybe its a ploy to tell them to let Foster try & run on us , That would ber gamesmanship but doubt it

Heres another Article by 18 to 88

Quick hit thoughts on the debacle on Friday night as well as Irsay's Twitter exploits:

Jim Irsay's tweets today are down right bizarre.

My link

There are two distinct possibilities.

The first is that Manning's status for the opener is in doubt. If so, the Colts front office has been seriously derelict in their duty. Curtis Painter is not and never has been a viable backup. You keep him if and only if there is no real chance he ever sees the field of play. There is no possible way that anyone could have ever thought he was going to be a legitimate backup quarterback. I've been adamant I thought he was the front runner for the #2 job, but not because he has any real ability. I just thought he was better than the other stiffs in camp. My opinion has been that worrying about the backup QB is a waste of time because Manning never misses a play.

So, on those grounds, if the Colts knew Manning might not really be ready and have been letting camp come and go without signing a viable backup, then everyone involved deserves the highest level of disdain. There's zero justification for it. Further more, Irsay's solicitation of fan ideas about veteran backups is downright crazy town.

If Irsay is serious, then I have no respect for the front office. They've all gone insane. Kuharsky has a bunch of cryptic quotes that certainly don't inspire.... My link

The Colts didn't need two preseason games to know that Painter isn't a viable backup. Everyone has known that for two years. If they thought otherwise, then the only ones deluded were the Colts' front office and coaches.

The other possibility is that Irsay is messing with the fans. By asking them to name veteran backups, he's making a point: there's no one out there. I for one, do not believe there is any quarterback available as a free agent or by trade capable of winning even one game with the Colts. I hope and pray that Irsay's point is make fun of the hand-wringing crowd. The whole thing is so bizarre it has to be a joke.

If it isn't, then the hand-wringers are right: the sky really is falling.

It doesn't matter who the Colts sign. They will lose any game started by anyone other than Manning by at least 30 points.

REST of article is on the last game itself

My link

this is the manning effect

peyton missing time effects the whole team

offence is not as sharp or dont run the hurry up

overall not effective so when the practice again the defence instead of peyton torching our defence in practice and making them improve the defence think their good stopping painter and olacsy but when the go again another team they gets torched

basically what im saying with out manning every one will suffer in practice and ask wade phillips you play like you practice cause you practice like you play

]

agree