Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cincinnatti at Indianapolis (8-30-12)

oldunclemark

But he is playing...........unlike R3 who did not...

Eli manning played the final pre-season game....because they felt he needed to

When did the practice of not playing your starting offense inthe final pre-season game begin??

You cant get hurt in the next-to-last preseason game?

But he is playing...........unlike R3 who did not...

Eli manning played the final pre-season game....because they felt he needed to

When did the practice of not playing your starting offense inthe final pre-season game begin??

You cant get hurt in the next-to-last preseason game?

Again, you are on the wrong side of this. See my post about what Luck said himself.

Have you been a football fan for a long time? The 4th preseason game is routinely played with guys fighting for the final roster spots. Routinely. As much as you don't want to believe it, injuries are an absolute concern - especially for a team with the little depth the Colts have.

Again, you are on the wrong side of this. See my post about what Luck said himself.

Have you been a football fan for a long time? The 4th preseason game is routinely played with guys fighting for the final roster spots. Routinely. As much as you don't want to believe it, injuries are an absolute concern - especially for a team with the little depth the Colts have.

'J'///with respect....that's not really true

I go back to the days of 6 exhibition games....and vets played in the final 3 or 4....

They didnt play more than a half..maybe a quarter in the last one but the games they skipped used to be the first two, remember

..and rookies...played MORE as the exhibition season went on becayse they needed to get used to NFL-speed..

Clearly..Andrew Luck needs to play to get better....becaurse he hasnt played with these guys before.

You want avoid injuries but you have to expose rookies to the NFL if you are banking on them as we are...

There's plenty of time in the final half or 3 quarters...to decide about the end of the roster

There's no right side or wrong side...he's going to play and he wanst to......Check it out..

""How much Luck?

"(Mike Chappell - Indy Star) The workload for Andrew Luck and the starting offense against the Bengals has yet to be determined, but any level will be embraced.

“Any experience is incredibly helpful for me right now, just to be out there and with a lack of really any NFL experience,’’ Luck said Tuesday. “Take advantage of some game experience.’’

Monday, coach Chuck Pagano said Luck and the No. 1 offense would play a series or two in the final preseason game. Tuesday, he made it clear playing time would be weighed against the risk of injury.""

'J'///with respect....that's not really true

I go back to the days of 6 exhibition games....and vets played in the final 3 or 4....

They didnt play more than a half..maybe a quarter in the last one but the games they skipped used to be the first two, remember

..and rookies...played MORE as the exhibition season went on becayse they needed to get used to NFL-speed..

Clearly..Andrew Luck needs to play to get better....becaurse he hasnt played with these guys before.

You want avoid injuries but you have to expose rookies to the NFL if you are banking on them as we are...

There's plenty of time in the final half or 3 quarters...to decide about the end of the roster

There's no right side or wrong side...he's going to play and he wanst to......Check it out..

""How much Luck?

"(Mike Chappell - Indy Star) The workload for Andrew Luck and the starting offense against the Bengals has yet to be determined, but any level will be embraced.

“Any experience is incredibly helpful for me right now, just to be out there and with a lack of really any NFL experience,’’ Luck said Tuesday. “Take advantage of some game experience.’’

Monday, coach Chuck Pagano said Luck and the No. 1 offense would play a series or two in the final preseason game. Tuesday, he made it clear playing time would be weighed against the risk of injury.""

Back to my statement of a few days ago - you aren't changing my mind and I clearly won't change yours. But tomorrow, when Luck plays 2 series tops...

I dont know if we actually disagree that much...looking back./..

I just think he should play.....he needs the experinece...

I'll bet you a 'Luck vs. RG3' T-shirt he takes 15-20 snaps.....deal??

definitely losing that bet as of now..

Dear god the refs drug this one out...

I had to leave with about 5 mins left in the 2nd quarter, I live almost 60 miles away from Indy, stopped to get food at a crowded drive-thru, and I had to roll through almost 25 miles of construction zone and STILL made it home in time to see the end of the game.

NO WAY that should have been possible.

I dont know if we actually disagree that much...looking back./..

I just think he should play.....he needs the experinece...

I'll bet you a 'Luck vs. RG3' T-shirt he takes 15-20 snaps.....deal??

Do you realize how much you would actually owe me if we bet every time we debated a topic. The answer is somewhere around all the internet dollars in the world.