Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the stars aligning for the colts?

SubZero

I mean look at what happens colts get the chance to draft arguable the best college QB prospect. They also drafted other players very well Brazill was a great pick. They handled FA picking Redding, Zbikowski, and Freeman. Next year they also have tons of cap space. It looks like to me in the next year or so the Colts will become another big power house!

yeah i think were one great cb and rt away from being a superbowl contender.

Not to be negative, only objective and grounded....I have serious doubts that we're even capable of being a wildcard contender. So early on in the pre-season and I can tell we are in fact building a monster here, but this will take time. Cohesiveness will take time.

I say enjoy this year for what it is and do not invest yourselves emotionally in some skewed idea that we're locked and loaded to take on venerable AFC teams for a playoff run. Pay attention though, remember all this. Several years from now you're going to want to remember the beginning.

Areas we need up grades after this season based on what I've seen so far:

2nd CB, Another safety. DT.

Guard and right tackle on the line

Running back I think Brown and the guys we have are nice number two backs but I am not sure if we really have a NFL starter at running back on this team.

A game changing WR. Wayne is nice but is getting older. I think the younger guys can be nice weapons but we really don't have a great young stud WR on this team to be groomed to replace Wayne. It would not shock me at all if our first round draft pick next year is a WR to Luck's guy.

Special Teams in general. This is hard to judge in the pre-season because they just kinda throw guys out there to get a feel but we can use more talent there outside of the skill positions of kicker, punter, and snapper.

Beyond that I think we have a really good solid young team in place that is going to grow together.