Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Best and Worst NFL Analysts

21isSuperman

I used to say that but I think he's grown up some.

My faves are Aikman, Gruden, Jaws, Collinsworth, Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, Mark Schlereth, T. J. I'm sure I'm missing some.

I cannot stand Skipp Bayless. He only exists to antagonize me. He makes Stephen A Smith look reasonable.

BAB,

You make a very compelling argument on QB's Young and Dilfer. 2 NFL analysts that are often bypassed or overlooked. Both men take you under the helmet and discuss throwing mechanics, footwork, poise in the pocket under blitzkreig LB and DE fire, and they are superb at discussing overcoming hurdles, huddle doubts, and getting that elusive championship monkey off their backs.

The psychological struggle of field generals is fascinating to me...He can't win a Playoff game, he can't move outside the shadow of his processor, he can't annihilate his arch nemesis, he isn't smart enough or durable enough...Then, they win the SB, get awarded MVP, you bask in the glory...Isn't revenge sweet, spectacular, and grand? haha

I admire controversial figures that make peoples blood boil over and Skip Bayless fits that mold to a T. He's the guy everybody loves to hate and that is his greatest appeal. Just like Howard Stern, the listening public tunes in just to see what he will say next. Like junk food and a NASCAR pileup, you just can't look or walk away.

BAB,

You make a very compelling argument on QB's Young and Dilfer. 2 NFL analysts that are often bypassed or overlooked. Both men take you under the helmet and discuss throwing mechanics, footwork, poise in the pocket under blitzkreig LB and DE fire, and they are superb at discussing overcoming hurdles, huddle doubts, and getting that elusive championship monkey off their backs.

The psychological struggle of field generals is fascinating to me...He can't win a Playoff game, he can't move outside the shadow of his processor, he can't annihilate his arch nemesis, he isn't smart enough or durable enough...Then, they win the SB, get awarded MVP, you bask in the glory...Isn't revenge sweet, spectacular, and grand? haha

I admire controversial figures that make peoples blood boil over and Skip Bayless fits that mold to a T. He's the guy everybody loves to hate and that is his greatest appeal. Just like Howard Stern, the listening public tunes in just to see what he will say next. Like junk food and a NASCAR pileup, you just can't look or walk away.

Agreed. I like analysts who can articulate finer and subtle things I cannot see. And both Steve Young and Trent Dilfer are honest and don't speak in cliche. I hope to see them more often.

And Skip Bayless is successful because he makes my blood boil as you say. I know I'm getting trolled but I cannot hep it :)

BAB,

OK SW.......I only like Skip Bayless because he reminds me of you! HA HA!

He and Stephen A Smith would not last an hour on Colts Forums. The de-bait....not debate. :)