Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wednesday Practice Report

hurricane1122

Are the Colts the only team in the NFL with a mega ton of hamstring injuries

every year??? Someone is always going down with a hammy.

After the lockout they said there would be a spike in hamstring injuries due to no OTAs and what not. As long as none are serious we should be okay.

After the lockout they said there would be a spike in hamstring injuries due to no OTAs and what not. As long as none are serious we should be okay.

heard the same thing. players still should have trained though its only their job to take care of their body. it does not make sense to me. nba players are still training and working out.

Train all you want...but there is NO way to simulate full speed football practice or games. That's why you are seeing it all over the league and not just the Colts. I am sure the boys worked their butts off...look at Wayne this year. Gonzo looked great last night. There simply is no substitute for practice, and football requires very specific muscles to be used...

Train all you want...but there is NO way to simulate full speed football practice or games. That's why you are seeing it all over the league and not just the Colts. I am sure the boys worked their butts off...look at Wayne this year. Gonzo looked great last night. There simply is no substitute for practice, and football requires very specific muscles to be used...

does not mean you can not get your body in football shape. the smartest professional athletes will spend their own money on their own doctors/trainers (kobe bryant for example.)

basketball is quite different, my friend...Kobe can hoop it up at any local gym...Getting a football game together with the ferocity and speed of an NFL practice or game just isn't going to happen. And not all the Colts have Kobe type money. This is happening all over the NFL, so don't tell me it's about the Colts not being in "football shape." Big Joe on 1070 said it best when he said that the lack of OTAs/minicamps would have a big effect on injuries and sloppy play early on in the season

heard the same thing. players still should have trained though its only their job to take care of their body. it does not make sense to me. nba players are still training and working out.

Players did train, people pointed out though it's hard to train when you don't access to your team trainers, lots of players errored on the side of caution as to not get an injury from over training.

My link

Link for the full practice report above.

Collie was still out with the knee (worse than expected?) and Gonzo was out with a hamstring (smh). Im glad to see garcon back tho and making the play of the day. Hopefully collie is not in bad shape.

collie was practicing today well kind of he should be fine.

basketball is quite different, my friend...Kobe can hoop it up at any local gym...Getting a football game together with the ferocity and speed of an NFL practice or game just isn't going to happen. And not all the Colts have Kobe type money. This is happening all over the NFL, so don't tell me it's about the Colts not being in "football shape." Big Joe on 1070 said it best when he said that the lack of OTAs/minicamps would have a big effect on injuries and sloppy play early on in the season

i never said solely the colts. i am talking about the nfl in general. there are ways to get into football shape besides participating in games. for example, clay matthews and other players do MMA training during the offeason. you can look that up. that definitely helps their bodies prepare for the season and keeps them in shape. u think kobe only does pickup games and other nfl players only participate in scrimmages to stay in football shape? if so, you are dead wrong.

i never said solely the colts. i am talking about the nfl in general. there are ways to get into football shape besides participating in games. for example, clay matthews and other players do MMA training during the offeason. you can look that up. that definitely helps their bodies prepare for the season and keeps them in shape. u think kobe only does pickup games and other nfl players only participate in scrimmages to stay in football shape? if so, you are dead wrong.

congratulations_you_win_the_internet_postcard-p239869983564094875qibm_400.jpg

i like collie and gonzo but i think they are kinda soft.

I will give you Gonzo, but please tell me how Collie is "soft"

Played in all 16 games as a rook in 2009 including the postseason, tore it up too...one of the top, if not the top rookie receiver that year

Got his head nearly taken off by the headshot at Philly, and tried to play a few weeks later at NE. Felt woozy still so they sat him. Gets 2nd massive hit against Jax, done for season. So how is that soft? B/c he didn't come back last year? Do you want him ending up like Dave Duerson or Ted Johnson? (LB for Pats during their 3 SB run, who can barely remember his own name)...That dude had over 100 concussions in his career!!

you might want to do a little light reading before calling Collie "soft"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6785702/seventy-five-ex-players-sue-nfl-concussions