Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offensive Tackle Released

Jphilly76

He's recovering from a quad injury he suffered last season, but it's not supposed to be a serious lingering injury. He played through it last year. He should be ready to play this season. I don't know much about him other than he has started for the last 5 years without missing a start and he made the pro bowl a couple of years ago. And he was due to make $2.something million this year... We've got a bit of cap room left, and considering the loss of CJ and the inexperience of our o-line, he might be a smart pick up for depth or potentially even as a starter.

I would love the idea of bringing him in at RT to teach Ijalana some things. That would also mean Diem would move back to his natural position of guard. It probably won't happen because we are running thin on cap space, but it is a good thought.

How is Diem a natural guard? RT has been his natural posistion his entire career including college.

I would love the idea of bringing him in at RT to teach Ijalana some things. That would also mean Diem would move back to his natural position of guard. It probably won't happen because we are running thin on cap space, but it is a good thought.

I think you have Johnson and Diem mixed up.

There is zero point in bringing him in to teach Ijilana anything, because Diem has been doing it longer, and was better. Id rather Diem teach him than anyone else not on the Colts coaching staff, he has been on the line (playing RT) longer than anyone else not named Saturday.

Think he refers to CJ who was a natural guard if i'm not mistaken.

In which case, he'd still be wrong, because CJ was never a natural guard. He's played a teensy weensy bit of guard for us, but was a TE converted to Tackle, who then played mostly Tackle for us (and will do the same in Minnesota).