Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Preseason Record From 2008 To Now.

hurricane1122

I panicked a little

Found myself wondering we set some kind of a record for 'most soundly defeated in a ps game'

I mean, we're usually defeated but..........

our first string D, did you or did you not think they ran though us like we were babies?

And I'm NOT STUCK UP! :P

One topic is a panic? By a member who is KNOWN for pegging the negative?

:facepalm:

It's the people like you who proclaim there is panicking going on that are the one's who are truly panicking.

first off, you dont know anything about me and im just trying to have some fun on the forum and I think I posted a pretty good article. so why dont you lighten up buddy. Trying to argue about nothing.

the only preseason game that made me worry a little was last years game against the packers. (When we had our 1s against theirs). Game 3 is when teams draw up a game plan and practice as if it is a real game. The colts were out played in that game, but it might have been more to with how good the pack was than how bad the colts were.

The Colts' preseasons always prove the same thing, when Peyton isn't on the field, the team stands no chance of winning. A team with no running game, no run-stopping ability and poor special teams play can't win when the passing game is on the sidelines. Add that to the fact that our 2nd and 3rd teams aren't as talented as other 2nd and 3rd teams and yes, you have the worst preseason record in football.

It's not that our second and third string guys aren't as good as other teams second and third string; we just have a tendency to pull people faster than other teams. The Rams had Bradford and Cadillac out there against our second and third string for a while.

We try to get our young guys playing time against veterans, and it pays off when we have a season like last year when everyone went down with injuries! Our fourth string DB's still played well enough to get us into the playoffs. That is why we will rarely win preseason games.

the only preseason game that made me worry a little was last years game against the packers. (When we had our 1s against theirs). Game 3 is when teams draw up a game plan and practice as if it is a real game. The colts were out played in that game, but it might have been more to with how good the pack was than how bad the colts were.

I second this. The Pack were great last year. We were just so-so.

I mean, we're usually defeated but..........

our first string D, did you or did you not think they ran though us like we were babies?

No Brackett, no Freeney, No Mathis and a yet undefined D-line roster. Nope, not worried at all. This was a live practice scrimmage and thats all. We actually stood up pretty well until we started changing in 2-3-4th stringers, and a bevy of guys that have no realistic chance to make the squad.

No Brackett, no Freeney, No Mathis and a yet undefined D-line roster. Nope, not worried at all. This was a live practice scrimmage and thats all. We actually stood up pretty well until we started changing in 2-3-4th stringers, and a bevy of guys that have no realistic chance to make the squad.

With the changes to the CBA and the practice regulations that the coaching staff deal with, I now look at the first two pre-season games more as 3+ hour game speed full contact practice in pads instead of an exhibition game. I suspect that for this year, that is true of a lot of coaches as well.

With the changes to the CBA and the practice regulations that the coaching staff deal with, I now look at the first two pre-season games more as 3+ hour game speed full contact practice in pads instead of an exhibition game. I suspect that for this year, that is true of a lot of coaches as well.

Don't say that to Steve Spagnolo. He's trying to win the preseason championship title.

http://www.colts.com/forums/index.php?/topic/983-spagnoulos-jab-at-the-colts/

"THERE IS NO ON/OFF SWITCH" ....hurrrr durrr