Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marvin Harrison to Peyton Manning....

ColtsUrUs

As to Andrew Luck is to T.Y. Hilton. I just remember Peyton coming into the league with two tight ends and a speedy burner WR(Marvin Harrison). 2012 class is the second coming of the Colts 2.0.

:cheers:. I think they're recreating what the Colts had all over again but with a better bolstered defense.

As to Andrew Luck is to T.Y. Hilton. I just remember Peyton coming into the league with two tight ends and a speedy burner WR(Marvin Harrison). 2012 class is the second coming of the Colts 2.0.

:cheers:. I think they're recreating what the Colts had all over again but with a better bolstered defense.

except our speedy guy is a slot guy/punt returner

Harrison was actually a slot that played wide. 5"11 188 lbs. T.Y. Hilton is 5"10 185 lbs.

like I said we should have went for a defensive player or even Guard now we have a punt returner instead, Avery could have done that, or one of our receivers that wasnt a starter

That chemistry between Marvin and Peyton was unreal. They knew exactly what the other was thinking. It's always good to pair your young QB with someone else on the offensive side of the ball so they can form strong chemistry throughout their career. Luck has a bunch of new, young guys to develop with, so it should be fun to watch

like I said we should have went for a defensive player or even Guard now we have a punt returner instead, Avery could have done that, or one of our receivers that wasnt a starter

The draft is over so I'm commenting on what we have on our current roster not on what we could've had.

For everyone questioning this pick take 6 minutes of your life to watch his dang highlights. Id say hes more than just a slot/punt returner guy..

Agreed. Hilton is a very physical player, unlike Marvin, whom was all finesse. I'm loving this pick, flat-out, hands-down, love it.

That chemistry between Marvin and Peyton was unreal. They knew exactly what the other was thinking. It's always good to pair your young QB with someone else on the offensive side of the ball so they can form strong chemistry throughout their career. Luck has a bunch of new, young guys to develop with, so it should be fun to watch

Peyton and Reggie developed the same chemistry.Like Reggie had a radar on and sensed Peyton scrambling he would break off a route and come back for the ball.

For everyone questioning this pick take 6 minutes of your life to watch his dang highlights. Id say hes more than just a slot/punt returner guy..

..........he looks like a very good football player. A natural receiver. Grigson was ecstatic after drafting him, and he probably watched every single college play the guy was involved in.....

I'm pumped about Hilton but I'm not ready to compare him to Marvin (besides being roughly the same size). Harrison is probably going to be in the HoF.

Hilton had a decent college career playing against the likes of Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee. I don't think he was facing too many NFL caliber CBs.

You never can tell, he may be a star or more likely he may be a decent K and punt returner that can fill in as a #4 WR.

Only Reggie Wayne comes close to the route runner and hands of Marvin Harrision ... and its only close. Loved the T.Y. Hilton pick. Was dynamic against any competition he faced. As for the draft as a whole, would love to have four or more three-year starters (the mark of a decent to very good draft class) out of the entire draft. Considering Luck should by one - wonder who the others will be ...

Peace