Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UDFA QB/WR Jason Bean

Interesting that one of our UDFA QB’s was drafted number one overall in the UFL Draft……Jason Bean. 

I know he has about a 1.5% chance of making the 53 man as a gimmick QB/WR this year BUT what if he makes the transition maybe he could be our Hines Ward, Randall Cobb, Julian Edelman, Antwan Randel El, Freddie Solomon, Bert Emmanuel, and of course Kordell Stewart…….

Thats a tall task but with Batman as coach I think he could be serviceable in the future.

Still impressed that he was drafted number one in the UFL Draft though…..kudos to him!

• Like 2

On 7/18/2024 at 9:09 PM, Smonroe said:

Slovis was also drafted.  

I would like to try Slovis as QB3 this year

Sam E is going into his 4th year, and we STILL brought in a VET QB to back up QB1

I'm not sold that Sam E will EVER be a trusted QB2

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CR91 said:

Gonna have to kill it on STs to even make the PS

If he can play STs, I think he can (not) play as well as Elhinger.  But I'm not sure it's necessary with the Emergency QB rule.  I don't think the E-QB has to be active on game day, but I'm not sure.

3 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Sam E is going into his 4th year, and we STILL brought in a VET QB to back up QB1

He must be helpful on the sidelines and in meetings, sort of like Sorgi.  IDK, maybe it's because Ballard drafted him.  

He's in the last year of his contract, he's cheap, and he (hopefully) knows the offense.  But I can't see them paying him next season.  Number 3 QBs are a dime...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

If they keep three (they will in some shape or form) I want it to be the best three.  If it’s Sam so be it.  I don’t want to kick a better player to curb just because they don’t think he will be a number two one day.   By the same token if it’s Slovis thats fine too.

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

If they keep three (they will in some shape or form) I want it to be the best three.  If it’s Sam so be it.  I don’t want to kick a better player to curb just because they don’t think he will be a number two one day.   By the same token if it’s Slovis thats fine too.

I think "the best" would have to include potential

If Sam is capped or his BEST is to be QB3..... FOR THIS YEAR, why not give someone else a try?

58 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think "the best" would have to include potential

If Sam is capped or his BEST is to be QB3..... FOR THIS YEAR, why not give someone else a try?

Because if they dont think his potential will be better than Sam why keep a worse player?  These guys went undrafted for a reason.  While you do find a gem once in a while, and that could happen here, it doesn’t happen very often.