Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2012 NFL colts draft rounds 5-7

stonehart1234

Asa Jackson, I hope is still around at No.170. Last CB worth something in man coverages, IMO.

The guys in bold that I wanted, are still there.

I still wouldn't cry over Tandy either at CB. At this stage, they all have warts. It's an issue of how big, and which you can live with.

Good guards left too. And I'm with you on the LBs - some players left too.

Im hoping for Dennard. And that out coaches will straighten him up. Other than that, he is great value in the late 5th. Was once considered a 1st-2nd rounder. Heres some info

Man coverage: Physical player, tough to get off the line against and willing to mix it up downfield. Fluid hips and good short-area to stay with receivers after initial move. Solid if playing off the line, as well, quick feet allow him to catch up to receivers if failing to get a hand on them initially. Deep speed and recovery speed are average, adding that to below-average height could spell trouble against playmaking NFL receivers downfield. Gets too physical at times, gets flagged for grabbing and holding. Zone Coverage: Could flourish in zone systems due to closing speed and secure tackling ability. Jumps underneath and slants routes quite well, baiting quarterbacks to throw in his direction.

Again not the best, but if all other good CBs are gone and with our need at CB, we should definately consider him.

Whos left on the CB front? Trevin Wade, CB, Arizona; Alfonso Dennard, CB, Nebraska??? Trevin Wade looked very fluid in combine drills. Also, Antonio Allen was part of a good South Carolina secondary, is he still on the board? Yes, he is more of a safety but I am sure it still helps the secondary.