Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Combine 2024

Think am more interested in Day 3 receivers.  Besides Flourney, WR Bub Means is another player showing late promise.  Flourney might get drafted while see Means as an UDFA currently.  Want to see how both do in remaining drills. 

AD Mitchell could also be a day 1 target. Let’s see how Thomas Jr. does but it’s down to one of them at 15 for me.

Round 2 maybe Legette but I need to see how Walker and some other guys test.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

AD Mitchell could also be a day 1 target. Let’s see how Thomas Jr. does but it’s down to one of them at 15 for me.

Round 2 maybe Legette but I need to see how Walker and some other guys test.

I like Thomas at 15 or Mitchell and McConkey later in the 1st. 

Walker needs to catch the ball during the drills after that Senior Bowl…

Not high on Legette at all. 

• Like 1

Just now, stitches said:

Yep. I'm glad our GM values athleticism in a sport where athleticism confers competitive advantage... 

I’m glad they’re mindful of it, I just think they overdo it sometimes. I feel meeting athletic benchmarks comes at the expense of production sometimes. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stitches said:

I have to watch Adonai Mitchell... 

Zierlein's write up on Mitchell:

Overview
Ascending prospect with size, speed and ball skills to become a very good NFL receiver, but he’s still in the process of bridging those traits. Mitchell can beat press and has the speed to take the battle to the third level but he’s still learning the art of bullying the catch space in tight quarters and jump-ball battles. He’s not always a natural hands-catcher, but his ability to snare balls outside his frame is top-notch. His route running currently lacks focus and consistency, but agility and burst out of breaks will not be an issue. Mitchell is rugged after the catch and has the ability to become a winner on all three levels. The difference between becoming a WR2 or WR1 could rest on his urgency and willingness to go to work on the unpolished areas of his craft.

Strengths
Flashes foot quickness needed to beat NFL press.
Speed shifter inside the route with sudden change of direction.
Stands ground and keeps landing area to boundary open on deep sideline throws.
Ridiculous catch web, bringing in off-frame throws from all directions.
Already using the NFL two-foot drop near boundaries.
Patient long-ball tracker and noted jump-ball winner.
Able to break tackles and fall forward for positive YAC.

Weaknesses
Intensity can fluctuate from game to game.
Allows smaller players into his space to contest catches.
Cradle-catcher who fights football when catching with hands.
Needs to keep routes on time with better efficiency and finish.
Doesn’t play with aggression or sustain when asked to run block.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Does this take him off the board?

No. If you click on the link in the tweet you can actually run the numbers through a different position. He tests easy better as a LB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, stitches said:

I have to watch Adonai Mitchell... 

See below.

2 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

That 40 time by Mitchell is super impressive. His vertical game would be a great compliment to Pittman and Downs. He is an intelligent route runner too, Brett Kollmann did a good video on it recently. 

I was just going to respond to @stitches with that video. Really good video and made me a fan of AD.

AD did make some comments about not running routes full speed, which makes sense if you're running your routes smartly and with good speed regulation to create separation, but it seems to show up as potential effort issues too. I trust Ballard and team to fully vet that, but I think he'd be a great compliment to Pittman and Downs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

No. If you click on the link in the tweet you can actually run the numbers through a different position. He tests easy better as a LB.

Gets him to 7.28 - still low for a Ballard player.