Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On 2/25/2024 at 11:43 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

ESPN just said the signing of Bellinger not only makes the Cubs the favorites to win the NL Central but a contender to win the WS. Steele will have to have a year like he had last year, if he does that, we should win the Division as it looks now. I had a feeling Belli would stay Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons- I love our Lineup, Swanson and Hoerner are great too. 

Loving all the speculation….but Im going in with low expectations just to protect my heart! Last few seasons with Cubs and Colts have taken a toll, just going to enjoy and hope that they are as good as I’m reading/seeing. Counsel still freaks me out man.

• Like 1

Just now, HOZER said:

Loving all the speculation….but Im going in with low expectations just to protect my heart! Last few seasons with Cubs and Colts have taken a toll, just going to enjoy and hope that they are as good as I’m reading/seeing. Counsel still freaks me out man.

I hear ya. The way last season ended was a kick to the guts! It is nice knowing though going into a season we could be very good. When someone's favorite team in baseball is bad, it isn't very interesting to watch. I still worry about our BullPen, that could be the 1 thing that sets us back?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hear ya. The way last season ended was a kick to the guts! It is nice knowing though going into a season we could be very good. When someone's favorite team in baseball is bad, it isn't very interesting to watch. I still worry about our BullPen, that could be the 1 thing that sets us back?

I love the addition of Hector Neris, he gives me Pedro Strop vibes, flashy and possibly better. Shota Imanaga looks pretty good, and they added Carl Edwards’s a few weeks ago to the minors, so we could see him again. The professor is said to be fully healed and back to his old ways, I sure hope so he had some rough outings last season. I do think we’re one starter away from a decent group.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I love the addition of Hector Neris, he gives me Pedro Strop vibes, flashy and possibly better. Shota Imanaga looks pretty good, and they added Carl Edwards’s a few weeks ago to the minors, so we could see him again. The professor is said to be fully healed and back to his old ways, I sure hope so he had some rough outings last season. I do think we’re one starter away from a decent group.

Steele has to stay healthy regarding our starters, that is key. We could get 20 wins out of him if so.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 4:20 PM, RollerColt said:

Just three weeks until opening day. Really hoping for a good year from the Reds and that everyone can stay healthy!

Would you like Joey back?

https://sports.yahoo.com/joey-votto-still-wants-to-continue-playing-ill-do-whatever-it-takes-to-get-back-on-a-major-league-field-135926614.html

Joey Votto has been meeting mascots and recreating memes while waiting for a new team to call.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Would you like Joey back?

https://sports.yahoo.com/joey-votto-still-wants-to-continue-playing-ill-do-whatever-it-takes-to-get-back-on-a-major-league-field-135926614.html

Joey Votto has been meeting mascots and recreating memes while waiting for a new team to call.

As a fan, yes I would love to have him back in Cincy where he belongs. I already miss him and it's obvious he doesn't want to stop playing yet. 

But I also understand why the Reds moved on. The Cardinals struggled last season because they decided to roll with older fan favorite vets. While it was fun, it also meant the team was kind of being held back. It's the same with the Reds. With him off the roster it's forcing the young pups to play significant roles. We could be developing a decent pipeline where we draft well, develop the player and then trade them to a more financial powerhouse, thus resetting the cycle. 

That said, an injury is going to happen at some point. It always does. And a desperate playoff hopeful team will pick him up. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 4:20 PM, RollerColt said:

Just three weeks until opening day. Really hoping for a good year from the Reds and that everyone can stay healthy!

You're not going to like that the Reds' top prospect has been suspended for the first 80 games next season.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cincinnati-reds-top-prospect-noelvi-031517386.html

Marté made his major league debut last Aug. 19 and hit .316 with three homers, 15 RBIs and six stolen bases in 35 games.

24 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You're not going to like that the Reds' top prospect has been suspended for the first 80 games next season.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cincinnati-reds-top-prospect-noelvi-031517386.html

Marté made his major league debut last Aug. 19 and hit .316 with three homers, 15 RBIs and six stolen bases in 35 games.

I saw that. Huge blow to the team. Like I said before, something always happens to this team…

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So heading into opening day week the Reds have:

Lost their top prospect for half the season due to PEDs making us wonder if he was only a top prospect because of said substances…

TJ Friedl is out indefinitely with a broken wrist… which means he’ll probably be gone for most of the first half of the season.

Star Matt McLain has a shoulder injury that gets worse and worse status updates by the day. Most are saying he’s done for the year. 

Oh and Brandon Williamson has a sore shoulder and Nick Lodolo won’t be back until the middle of next month… maybe. 

At least the Brewers lost their manager to the Cubbies, so maybe Chicago will do something this year?

• Like 1

My moms hometown was Baltimore, so my family had ties to their teams. My brother was a huge Orioles fan back in the day but the organization no longer could compete with the red Sox and Yankees financially and did basically a 180° and became chronic losers so he became more a Yankee fan like I've always been. His favorite players, like so many others, Jim Palmer(who I like listening to him broadcasting), Brooks Robinson, and Cal Ripken. 

Its a shame Angelos passed and won't be around to see the team finally good again. 

I plan on going to Camden Yards this summer with my granddaughter Emma to catch some Yankee games and devour some Boog Powell Beef sandwiches......and she'll meet her many cousins. Going to Baltimore is much less hectic and less expensive than going to NY to catch a Yankee game, which we may do that too. Lol

Anyway, my condolences. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I hope MLB's Commissioner does a honest thorough investigation on Ohtani  and comes down on him like he should AND NOT sweep incriminating evidence under the rug to save the  face of baseball. 

If it ends up that he was betting on baseball it should mean an immediate ban from the sport. They did it to Pete Rose. 

But man, what an absolutely weird story and situation. And so many conflicting accounts from both involved parties. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RollerColt said:

If it ends up that he was betting on baseball it should mean an immediate ban from the sport. They did it to Pete Rose. 

But man, what an absolutely weird story and situation. And so many conflicting accounts from both involved parties. 

If indeed he is found to be in violation of the rules then  YES some sort of suspension is warranted. 

Is everyone ready for baseball to start? I know we had the two games in South Korea, but for the rest of the MLB, baseball begins! I have to wait for the Braves to play til tomorrow cause of the weather, but am looking forward to baseball beginning in two hours!

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Is everyone ready for baseball to start? I know we had the two games in South Korea, but for the rest of the MLB, baseball begins! I have to wait for the Braves to play til tomorrow cause of the weather, but am looking forward to baseball beginning in two hours!

Yes! Reds opening day parade and festivities were fantastic as always. Looking forward to the game this evening! 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, RollerColt said:

And this one belongs to the Reds!

Major League Baseball Sport GIF by Cincinnati Reds

Reds win 8-2! 

Time for the Cubbies to open their season with a win too!

Not  only was it a loss for our Cubbies, but they may have lost Steele for a while due to a Hamstring injury.🤬

4 hours ago, HOZER said:

Not  only was it a loss for our Cubbies, but they may have lost Steele for a while due to a Hamstring injury.🤬

I thought of you, as I noticed that your new team beat your favorite team in walk-off fashion.

Opening Day for the Mets was postponed because of rain. They will play today. I have not followed baseball much in the last two years. Let's see if this year is better for the Mets.

This song always gets me in the mood for baseball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I thought of you, as I noticed that your new team beat your favorite team in walk-off fashion.

Oh I was very conflicted lol, ok not really I’m loyal to my Cubs! I was hoping to go to the game but had to work☹️

• Like 3

7 hours ago, HOZER said:

Yeah I saw that… 

How’s life in Arlington? I imagine it’s quite different compared to Indiana?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah I saw that… 

How’s life in Arlington? I imagine it’s quite different compared to Indiana?

I’m actually a good ways south of Arlington in San Antonio. Being an Astros fan would be more convenient but I’ve always liked the Rangers and the Astros are cheaters anyways those Bums, lol!!!

Definitely different down here culturally and the weather is great, the winter coat never got unpacked! We’ve had a few cooler days down here where I’m still outside in a t shirt while all the Texans in their coats think I’ve lost my marbles, lol. Traffic’s crazy here I. The big city, have to get used to that. And I thought Indiana construction was bad, I think the Texas state flower is the orange traffic cone, haha!

• Like 2

On 3/29/2024 at 10:22 PM, HOZER said:

I’m actually a good ways south of Arlington in San Antonio. Being an Astros fan would be more convenient but I’ve always liked the Rangers and the Astros are cheaters anyways those Bums, lol!!!

Definitely different down here culturally and the weather is great, the winter coat never got unpacked! We’ve had a few cooler days down here where I’m still outside in a t shirt while all the Texans in their coats think I’ve lost my marbles, lol. Traffic’s crazy here I. The big city, have to get used to that. And I thought Indiana construction was bad, I think the Texas state flower is the orange traffic cone, haha!

Hahaha yes it’s hilarious to go to non midwestern states and wear shorts and t shirts in 60 degree weather. 

I think it’s because our winters are just so long that once it gets to the 50s we will ourselves to make it Spring. 

• Like 1

Yankees are undefeated so far and the cheating astro's are winless......I LIKE That !!!

Downloaded EA's WRC rally game the other night(I think it came out in November but got Forza and Assetta Corrsa  which we've been playing mostly). I like it very much so far but don't have much time to play it with me again getting the MLB package and games seemingly around the clock everyday. haha

Been betting lightly in first week and doing well. 

I'll say it again, if your a baseball fan, the MLB package is such a good purchase. 

• Like 1

Reds had one of the craziest rallies at the end of the game yesterday: 2 outs and down to the last at bad with India, who proceeded to stay alive after life 6-7 foul balls, hit a double to keep the hopes alive. Will Benson walked up and immediately hit a homer off the first pitch tying the game! And while he and the dugout celebrated, Christian Encarnacion-Strand hit the walkoff to end it 6-5!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Met are 0-4. There was no score after 9 innings. I read they lost. I have not bothered to check why. :(

The Astros had a no-hitter.

https://sports.yahoo.com/astros-spot-starter-ronel-blanco-delivers-stunning-no-hitter-vs-blue-jays-021316662.html

Blanco entered Sunday with seven career starts and had never gone longer than six innings in a game.

Weird things happening in baseball so far! The Pirates are 5-0 for the first time since 5 years before I was born, was not expecting that! 

The NL Central might be the toughest division out of the gate. I see the Brewers are also undefeated but that’s not exactly shocking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Weird things happening in baseball so far! The Pirates are 5-0 for the first time since 5 years before I was born, was not expecting that! 

The NL Central might be the toughest division out of the gate. I see the Brewers are also undefeated but that’s not exactly shocking. 

That's good to see. A whole generation of Pirates fans has seen nothing but losing. I recall when they were pretty good. Buccolts must be happy. But he has not been seen since Richardson was drafted.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

That's good to see. A whole generation of Pirates fans has seen nothing but losing. I recall when they were pretty good. Buccolts must be happy. But he has not been seen since Richardson was drafted.

Love seeing the Pirates playing good ball for their fans. You're right NFLFan, an entire generation has never seen the team play well. I'm lucky enough to just be old enough to remember the 1990 Reds win. 

54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs are 2-2 to start the season. The Central looks tough this year. Pirates 5-0 chuckling homer simpson GIF.

Central playing good is good for all the teams. I say it every year, but I'll be happy with any Central team doing well as long as it's not the dang Brewers. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Love seeing the Pirates playing good ball for their fans. You're right NFLFan, an entire generation has never seen the team play well. I'm lucky enough to just be old enough to remember the 1990 Reds win. 

Central playing good is good for all the teams. I say it every year, but I'll be happy with any Central team doing well as long as it's not the dang Brewers. 

I figured we would only get 1 at Texas. The schedule makers love us haha . We should sweep Colorado though. So far 1-0. Steele getting injured isn't good. A Hamstring could take up to a month to heal. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I figured we would only get 1 at Texas. The schedule makers love us haha . We should sweep Colorado though. So far 1-0. Steele getting injured isn't good. A Hamstring could take up to a month to heal. 

Hopefully Steele is ready to go by late May / early June. If it's to happen, at least the start of the season is much better than July/August in the middle of a playoff push. 

14 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I heard John Smoltz say he liked the Pirates and the Tigers young pitching staff. So maybe keep an eye out on them too. I also heard him say.the Rockies.and the A's will have rough years(teams to go against if wagering).

Also interesting, the "run line" in MLB has always been when I'm viewing it is +1.5/-1.5. .....But yesterday I seen the Braves were favored by 2.5 over the White Sox. That's the first time I've ever noticed a "run line" not 1.5 

• Like 1

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I heard John Smoltz say he liked the Pirates and the Tigers young pitching staff. So maybe keep an eye out on them too. I also heard him say.the Rockies.and the A's will have rough years(teams to go against if wagering).

Also interesting, the "run line" in MLB has always been when I'm viewing it is +1.5/-1.5. .....But yesterday I seen the Braves were favored by 2.5 over the White Sox. That's the first time I've ever noticed a "run line" not 1.5 

White Sox are just having a brutal start to the season. But yeah, that's crazy!

• Like 1