Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittman wants to explore options

w87r

40 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Yeah, Pit saying this just makes sure he's at least franchised...

Doubt he wants to be franchised at all. Think he's saying this so that Ballard backs up the truck for him or it could be a problem.

2 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Doubt he wants to be franchised at all. Think he's saying this so that Ballard backs up the truck for him or it could be a problem.

No one wants to be franchised but he did say he wouldn’t mind it.  Which means he would sign it and get the guaranteed amount if necessary.

On 1/8/2024 at 5:08 PM, 1959Colts said:

I'm with you too. Pittman has been a really great player for us. But at what cost are they willing to pay him? I personally don't put him at the highest ranking of his position

Me too. He just doesn't scare defenses one bit. Too me he is middle of the road player. He should be used in the slot and be a possession receiver. A number 2. They have never replaced T.Y. If you give him a payday, make it reflect his ceiling, not the fact he is the best on this team.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, shasta519 said:

What problem could there be?   If they can’t come to terms on a multiyear deal, the Colts will tag Pitt for a year.  Problem solved.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

What problem could there be?   If they can’t come to terms on a multiyear deal, the Colts will tag Pitt for a year.  Problem solved.  

The problem is solved for the Colts but not Pittman.

If Pittman has a serious knee injury during his franchise year his career could be over.

There is no security for the player with a FT

26 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

If Pittman has a serious knee injury during his franchise year his career could be over.

What you say is true, but teams and players deal with this every year.   This is the system that owners and players have set up to govern themselves.  Everyone voted on it.   

What can I tell you?   

37 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Then they should have voted against the CBA if they were really concerned about it.

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

What you say is true, but teams and players deal with this every year.   This is the system that owners and players have set up to govern themselves.  Everyone voted on it.   

What can I tell you?   

You don't need to tell me anything. 

I would like you to start supporting the workers instead of being a shill for management 

Are there any other questions?

Just now, PRnum1 said:

I would like you to start supporting the workers instead of being a shill for management 

It’s not being a shell for management to point out the players AGREED to the CBA.  That’s just a fact.  Rather any of us like it or not that’s what happened and this is the system in place.  

20 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Are there any other questions?

I completely don’t understand this post.  Support the workers and not be a shill for management?  Huh?  I typically favor the players in disputes.  I supported Taylor.  I’ll support Pittman. 

But I also typically support management rather than uninformed fans who are unhappy.   I’m the holder of many unpopular viewpoints, and I’m fine with that.   I can defend myself.    So I don’t give in simply because there are many unhappy fans.    

Here in Los Angeles, I was a media guy for 30 years.  I covered the Rams, Raiders, Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Kings Ducks.    I’ve interviewed GM’s for all of them.  I think I understand their position better than most here, especially the angry fan.  And I was a worker, I was NOT management. 

I wasn’t patronizing you when I said “what can I tell you”.   I could’ve said “it is what it is.”   I had made my points.  Really, that’s all. 

• Like 2