Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz to start

csmopar

I'm curious to see how that goes. McVay is one of the best offensive minds and play callers in the league, and I'd like to see how he manages Wentz. The dude is very talented, and when his decision making is sound, he's been very productive. 

I never understood the hate over Carson Wentz.  He has the talent, but happened to be messed up by some coaches or attitudes by certain teams.  The Rams are a good team for him, and McVay has the means to help Wentz succeed as backup. 

20 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I never understood the hate over Carson Wentz.  He has the talent, but happened to be messed up by some coaches or attitudes by certain teams.  The Rams are a good team for him, and McVay has the means to help Wentz succeed as backup. 

I feel the same way about me. Everything I have ever failed at is someone else's fault. (It's true, honest!)

9 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I don't think he has had any problems because of coaching. He just didn't play well enough after his ACL injury during SB winning season, and also wasn't the same mobile, elusive QB as he used to be in the initial year or two. He has never overcome making mental mistakes, and has suffered some last minute losses wherever he goes because he couldn't come up with winning plays in clutch. 

His time in Indy was one of his best years, and I'm surprised to see that the stats seem to indicate that he has lost fumble only once in his career in Washington last year. He'll be a good backup, and could lead a team in a better manner than most backups in case of extended injury time for the starting QB. He's lost the mojo he showed in first 2 years though, and thus lost the starting job after Indy and Washington tried. 

• Like 1