Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Game #13 Colts @ Bengals, Sunday, December 10, 2023 1PM EST

NFLfan

Colts at Bengals  

18 members have voted

1. 1. QB Jake Browning had a career game for the Bengals last week. Will the Colts defense contain him to less than 250 passing yards and fewer than 2 touchdowns?

• Yes. Our defense is better than what Browning faced last week.
    • No, last week was no fluke.
    • I don't know enough about Browning to know.
  2. 2. What do you expect to see from Minshew in this game. (Choose all that apply)

• He will have more than 250 yards passing.
    • He will have at least 1 TD passing.
    • He will have at least 2 interceptions.
    • He will run for at least 1 TD.
    • He will complete at least 63% of his passes.
  3. 3. The Colts defense will have how many sacks?

4. 4. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2023 at 06:15 PM

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@AKB  The next game will be better.

we usually struggle against pitt, but im not even too mad about the loss, i prediced this would happen against a competent team, im super excited for the next 3-5 years with shane and richardson

Just now, AKB said:

to be fair, my statement wasnt just about the forum though, someone was mischaracterizing it, and trying to put it like im saying its all the time, but members of the media, like you pointed out, also crowned minshew, and the stats dont say he is the best backup QB in the league 

Stats aren’t the whole story though. We’ve lost games cuz of Minshew and we’ve won games cuz of him.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Stats aren’t the whole story though. We’ve lost games cuz of Minshew and we’ve won games cuz of him.

well sure, but it's my opinion that he is not the best backup QB in the league. and it's alright for me to say and think that, but i feel like i've already said everything i can on that topic without going further into complaining. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know I am on that one. Minshew doesn't stink, he isn't great either and hardly nobody thinks so. If people would be levelheaded in here and not act like 7 yr old babies every time he has a bad game or we lose a game, this place would be a much better place.

that's a bit of a stretch, he is not great. but an average backup

Just now, AKB said:

we usually struggle against pitt, but im not even too mad about the loss, i prediced this would happen against a competent team, im super excited for the next 3-5 years with shane and richardson

Trubisky is pretty bad. You have a good chance to win.

I can't believe the Browns have not beaten the Jags yes. Still 4 minutes left.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Trubisky is pretty bad. You have a good chance to win.

I can't believe the Browns have not beaten the Jags yes. Still 4 minutes left.

here's my prediction and lets check back next week, Watt has a field day, we struggle to run the ball again, and tribusky has a game similar to Brownings. we lose by 10 

Just now, AKB said:

well sure, but it's my opinion that he is not the best backup QB in the league. and it's alright for me to say and think that, but i feel like i've already said everything i can on that topic without going further into complaining. 

Literally no one is telling you not to have that opinion though. People are disagreeing with you when you say he stinks and that people call him elite.

Hane your opinion but others, including Peyton Manning disagree.

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Literally no one is telling you not to have that opinion though. People are disagreeing with you when you say he stinks and that people call him elite.

Hane your opinion but others, including Peyton Manning disagree.

so what's the difference between being called the best back up QB, and an elite backup QB

maybe our perception of what elite backup means, is the issue here.

To me, it is not saying he is an elite QB, who happens to play as a backup 

what it means by elite backup is - top tier backup, can't really find a backup you'd rather have instead.

--> are we on the same page with that? 

1 minute ago, AKB said:

so what's the difference between being called the best back up QB, and an elite backup QB

maybe our perception of what elite backup means, is the issue here.

To me, it is not saying he is an elite QB, who happens to play as a backup 

what it means by elite backup is - top tier backup, can't really find a backup you'd rather have instead.

--> are we on the same page with that? 

Best backup means the best in the class. Elite means playing at the top level of any backup for all time

I never said Minshew was Purdy level, that is the problem. People need to quit putting words in my mouth. 

i didn't say you said that? you'd have to quote it , cause i didn't 

but comparing minshew to purdy, is comparing him to an elite QB, which minshew clearly is not. so it's one in the same, and that was the point, and it was also a point made to a seperate conversation, that you mixed in 

3 minutes ago, AKB said:

here's my prediction and lets check back next week, Watt has a field day, we struggle to run the ball again, and tribusky has a game similar to Brownings. we lose by 10 

Watt is in concussion protocol and likely won’t clear in time

• Thanks 1

Just now, AKB said:

i didn't say you said that? you'd have to quote it , cause i didn't 

but comparing minshew to purdy, is comparing him to an elite QB, which minshew clearly is not. so it's one in the same, and that was the point, and it was also a point made to a seperate conversation, that you mixed in 

I never did but you keep including me in this.

• Thanks 1

I never said Minshew was Purdy level, that is the problem. People need to quit putting words in my mouth. 

I don't think he was referring to you when he wrote that. Don't let that upset you.

Anyway, celebrate commonalities -- you all love the Colts even though you disagree on a few things.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Both their starting LBs are injured/concussed. Watt has to have an independent evaluation, but he just entered protocol yesterday, odds are against him playing. 

its my PTSD watching us play vs them 

2 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Yep, it's  a Saturday game sohe has 1 less day.

why is it on saturday?

7 minutes ago, AKB said:

then i misunderstood you. and i apologize for that 

I mean I post in here more than anyone, and I have clearly said where I rank Minshew numerous times. I said great backup, average to above average starter that can win you a few games. I also have stated numerous times, I would rather have AR playing. Not much else I can say. Of course, I have been happy we have been winning with Minshew, but that doesn't mean I think he is good or great. I posted a few days ago he could possibly be in the top 20 QB's in the league and that is the highest praise I have ever given him. Top 20, and I meant 20th isn't much of a praise. There are around 10 starters that are worse than Minshew in reality.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I mean I post in here more than anyone, and I have clearly said where I rank Minshew numerous times. I said great backup, average to average starter that can win you a few games. I also have stated numerous times, I would rather have AR playing. Not much else I can say. Of course, I have been happy we have been winning with Minshew, but that doesn't mean I think he is good or great. I posted a few days ago he could possibly be in the top 20 QB's in the league and that is the highest praise I have ever given him. Top 20, and I meant 20th isn't much of a praise. There are around 10 starters that are worse than Minshew in reality.

yeah, and we still disagree on that. I don't think he's a great backup, or the best, or elite. He's slightly above average, and the production proves that.

we didn't lose because of minshew today, imo. the conversation went that way because I compared Browning and Minshew, which was appropriate for todays thread, because they are the starting QBs, and also happen to be backups, and also happened to play against eachother in college, which Browning won that game too. 

So with all of that being said, I don't agree, and that's fine. I still respect your opinion on the matter. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lancer1 said:

It's  a Saturday tripleheader: Vikings vs Bengals at 1, our game against Pittsburgh at 4:30 and Broncos & Lions at 8:15.

We get to see our former practice squad guy (Browning). Is Browning expected to play after he got hurt against the Colts?

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

You know more than manning. Sure thing hahahahaha

i don't feel like our conversation has really been productive. Manning has been wrong on multiple topics, that doesn't mean I know more than him. You're arguing with fallacies, and it really isn't enjoyable to respond to,. 

1 minute ago, AKB said:

yeah, and we still disagree on that. I don't think he's a great backup, or the best, or elite. He's slightly above average, and the production proves that.

we didn't lose because of minshew today, imo. the conversation went that way because I compared Browning and Minshew, which was appropriate for todays thread, because they are the starting QBs, and also happen to be backups, and also happened to play against eachother in college, which Browning won that game too. 

So with all of that being said, I don't agree, and that's fine. I still respect your opinion on the matter. 

Fair enough. I have nothing personal against you. You are a good poster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AKB said:

Next week, you can criticize whichever backup QB plays for the Vikes. Browning is playing better than the guys we have. We are playing our 4th stringer. Browning used to be in our organization. We signed him as an undrafted free agent. He showed nothing with us.

Hopefully Colts play better next week.

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

Next week, you can criticize whichever backup QB plays for the Vikes. Browning is playing better than the guys we have. We are playing our 4th stringer. Browning used to be in our organization. We signed him as an undrafted free agent. He showed nothing with us.

Hopefully Colts play better next week.

it'll be an interesting discussion for sure. backup QBs have been in the headlines this season, especially after what the 49ers have accomplished with Purdy, the conversation has to include the possibility that surrounding cast might matter more than what people give it credit for. 

• Like 1

Just now, AKB said:

it'll be an interesting discussion for sure. backup QBs have been in the headlines this season, especially after what the 49ers have accomplished with Purdy, the conversation has to include the possibility that surrounding cast might matter more than what people give it credit for. 

I’d say coaching does as well but yeah

2 minutes ago, AKB said:

i don't feel like our conversation has really been productive. Manning has been wrong on multiple topics, that doesn't mean I know more than him. You're arguing with fallacies, and it really isn't enjoyable to respond to,. 

You’ve been saying all thread how terrible Minshew is and now you’re backpedaling.

What fallacies and I arguing? You stated Minshew is not a good backup. Manning says he’s one of the best. You state Manning is wrong and provide stats. I’ve provided that stats alone don’t tell the story. Manning has far greater insight on what it takes to be a QB in the NFL than any of us here and I will always defer to that level of intellect than someone on a message board. 

1 minute ago, AKB said:

True. Hopefully the return of Justin Jefferson helps my QB today. I don't have the game in my area and have to follow a game thread. I have Red Zone too.

5 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

You’ve been saying all thread how terrible Minshew is and now you’re backpedaling.

What fallacies and I arguing? You stated Minshew is not a good backup. Manning says he’s one of the best. You state Manning is wrong and provide stats. I’ve provided that stats alone don’t tell the story. Manning has far greater insight on what it takes to be a QB in the NFL than any of us here and I will always defer to that level of intellect than someone on a message board. 

the fallacy of you trying to make it out that im saying im smarter than manning because i said he's wrong.

and minshew has been bad this season, bad in terms of starting QBs. he won't ever carry a team, and that's clear.

strictly as a backup? slightly above average

thats what i genuinely think, take it or leave it