Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck's Contract Details Revealed

bap1331

http://bleacherrepor...ianapolis-colts

A 4 year contract kinda sounds like, "Just in case your a bust..." type contract. Too little because after those 4 years, if he turns out to be really good, we will have to give him a really good contract sooner.

Its better then giving a JaMarcus Russell type contract though...lol

Let's not worry about resigning him before he's played game one of his 4-YEAR deal.

We'll have plenety of money to throw his way (and Irsay will be happy to do it) if he's as good as advertised

http://bleacherrepor...ianapolis-colts

A 4 year contract kinda sounds like, "Just in case your a bust..." type contract. Too little because after those 4 years, if he turns out to be really good, we will have to give him a really good contract sooner.

Its better then giving a JaMarcus Russell type contract though...lol

This is no surprise...its pretty set in stone because of the new CBA. Also, there will be a 5th year team option per the terms of the new CBA. The 5th year is the average of either the top 5 or 10 players at the position.

Great deal that just means he will have to earn the long term huge money which leaves a player wanting more instead of signing him to 6-7 plus years straight off and have him be a potential bust (which I dont think will happen but it has happened before with other #1's)

This is no surprise...its pretty set in stone because of the new CBA. Also, there will be a 5th year team option per the terms of the new CBA. The 5th year is the average of either the top 5 or 10 players at the position.

yea i agree. I like how the new CBA rules took place right when we needed it. But i really like Luck because we know hes not about the money so regardless we still would have gotten a good bargain but Colts would have felt obligated to give him more money.