Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Watson out for season

csmopar

4 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Worst contract ever?  Other players shouldnt try to use this as a benchmark, the Browns were stupid af to do this

Yep . If it wasn’t for their Defense, they’d be nothing right now. Wondering how they’re gonna keep everyone together in the coming years

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• And that is part of my point about how GMs benefit from circumstances and are hindered at other times.  Its hard for me to draw a bright line between most of them in terms of being really good or really bad, because the card deck is different each year and can get reshuffled mid draft by some wonky things.  No doubt the Colts draft benefited by some talent falling a bit more in both the first and second rounds because of some unexpected things.  Those things feel in our favor this year, but may not in other years.  I'd hate to be the GM of LVR right now.  Although they got Bowers (and I like O'Donnell more than most) he's probably got set back by not having Penix there to draft has projected.  
    • It probably was close decision in their mind and thus it took until after the draft to make the decision.
    • Ballard really benefited from Alanta's ability to having no idea on how to build a team. I also thought picking Bowers was not a good  decision. They should have went defense and paired Murphy or Latua with Crosby.  
    • yeah, the more I follow Ballard's drafts, he is just not going to pick that man corner. I wanted Mitchell at 15, but they have a definite player they want to play the corner position. The worst pick in NFL history and it aint close lol
    • I am not sure Bowers was the target. They apparently said there was a sizeable offer made to move up. I don't think you would have to make a sizeable offer to move up to say #10 to make sure you get Bowers. I think it was Harrison or Nabors. I know people think it is Harrison but I lean more towards Nabers because I think they wanted a burner. The AD pick kind of lead me to believe what kind of wr they favored in this draft. Plus, I think they knew they had to move up to #4 as I had Zona taking Harrison because of his height and size and how they fit Murray's game.  They probably targeted the Chargers but like I said, Harbaugh was going Oline and Ault was their guy. I had Bears going wr as I said on this forum to pair him with Williams. If the Colts were favoring the 3rd receiver, cant spell his name, I think that would have been a bad move to give up a lot to get him.  I just don't think the teams in the top 5 wanted to move down to 15. That is quite a drop.  I think the guys that were considered elite were Harrison, Ault and Nabors at their positions and that is not including qbs. Those teams picking high in the draft were probably not really interested in who they thought might be there at 15.
  • Members

• IndyJoe

IndyJoe 0

Rookie
    • Orioles22

Orioles22 398

• BProland85

BProland85 2,810

• fanoftheteam

fanoftheteam 0

• Jason_

Jason_ 2,298