Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lombari on the Colts loss

Moosejawcolt

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-gm-shuffle-with-michael-lombardi-and-femi-abebefe/id1458884463

I know people dont like him so you can choose to listen if you want. I was saying this right after and during the game, so I am not parroting what Lombardi said as he just posted it yesterday. He breaks down the game and why we lost. Clilck on link above if you wish. Go to 15:30 minutes of the podcast.

16 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-gm-shuffle-with-michael-lombardi-and-femi-abebefe/id1458884463

I know people dont like him so you can choose to listen if you want. I was saying this right after and during the game, so I am not parroting what Lombardi said as he just posted it yesterday. He breaks down the game and why we lost. Clilck on link above if you wish. Go to 15:30 minutes of the podcast.

He's right, the loss was as much on Shane as it was on the officials.  More so.

Bowen also laid it out in just about the same manner.

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Yep. Great play calling bad game management.  As a play caller your always thinking points. He id going to have to learn to separate the two. At lest the was aware on what he did the end of the first half. Also not being more aggressive on the last colts offensive drive was a mistake,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Alllllll that aside, the fumble was forced before the “illegal contact” happened. 

Meh not really.  Even though that dude posted that it wasn't the case, it looks like to me there are hands on before the fumble.  

That play could easily not have been called but I don't think it's any type of an egregious error.  I think contact was made downfield before the fumble.  There can be debate as to whether the contact was initiated by the defender or not, but unless there is paralax going on, it's cleary just before the fumble when contact is made. 

17 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I agree.  The D holding I really think technically is the right call.  That's a spot however, you might want to see the "let them play" thing going on.

Now the PI was egregiously uncatchable.  But it was PI 100 times out of 100 if the pass was catchable.  

Point being had Walker thrown it 5 feet lower (lol), it would be a no brainer and doesn't reflect the Colts acutual play on the field.

ie. the defender doesn't know the throw will be errant.   He played the play like he played it and the result had NOTHING to do with his actions.  

That being said, that PI call was friggin shockingly wrong on the catchable interpretation. 

• Like 4

There was plenty of blame to pass around in this loss:

Steichen

Minshew

Colts defense

Turnovers

Miscues

Mistakes

Penalties

Referee's needing an updated eyeglasses prescription

Truth is - we were competitive all the way down to the final few seconds.

I can live with a loss IF the team is competitive!!

Let's be honest here folks - If you were told in the pre-season that we would be 3 - 4 after week 7 - you would have been thrilled - since very very few of the "talking heads" had us winning 3 the whole year!!

Put things in perspective - we are "growing" a new team!!

• Like 1