Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pre-Game Information

sb41champs

Sometimes, I listen to Casey Vallier,  and Rick Venturi, on countdown to kick off on the radio.

They go into a lot more detail on the Colts injuries, or perhaps new guys starting that the national guys won't bring up.

• Like 2

I start out my Colts gameday by watching "Countdown to Kickoff" on WISH-TV.  Then switching at the half-hour to the "Blue Zone" on CBS4 in Indy.

My personal preference is "The NFL Today" on CBS for the pre-game coverage.

I listen to Colts Radio during the game - and - mute the television.  Colts radio provides more specific and timely news regarding the Colts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

I start out my Colts gameday by watching "Countdown to Kickoff" on WISH-TV.  Then switching at the half-hour to the "Blue Zone" on CBS4 in Indy.

My personal preference is "The NFL Today" on CBS for the pre-game coverage.

I listen to Colts Radio during the game - and - mute the television.  Colts radio provides more specific and timely news regarding the Colts.

Used to listen to Lamey with the TV broadcast muted, before the 10 second delay was introduced.

With streaming I am often further behind the radio. 

I like the local broadcast better as well, but don't like to know whats going to happen before I see it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dunk said:

Used to listen to Lamey with the TV broadcast muted, before the 10 second delay was introduced.

With streaming I am often further behind the radio. 

I like the local broadcast better as well, but don't like to know whats going to happen before I see it.

I LOVED Bob Lamey - and - feel he got "the shaft" for a situation that had happened years earlier!!

The ten second delay makes it IMPOSSIBLE to keep things straight with the radio broadcast and watching on TV. 

You know what's going to happen - before it happens - which is a good thing.  You can start cheering at the top of your lungs - making the people down the hall wonder what's going on!!

LOLOLOLOL!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sb41champs said:

I LOVED Bob Lamey - and - feel he got "the shaft" for a situation that had happened years earlier!!

The ten second delay makes it IMPOSSIBLE to keep things straight with the radio broadcast and watching on TV. 

You know what's going to happen - before it happens - which is a good thing.  You can start cheering at the top of your lungs - making the people down the hall wonder what's going on!!

LOLOLOLOL!!

Over the years when I was unable to watch, and had missed part of a game, I could tune in and know in a hurry how the game was going. Bob was a die hard colts fan first and foremost, so his tone was easy to read. 

Matt Taylor is ok, but nobody will ever be Bob in my book.

17 hours ago, Dunk said:

Over the years when I was unable to watch, and had missed part of a game, I could tune in and know in a hurry how the game was going. Bob was a die hard colts fan first and foremost, so his tone was easy to read. 

Matt Taylor is ok, but nobody will ever be Bob in my book.

I concur!!

I think Bob Lamey should be in the Colts Ring of Honor!!

• Like 1