Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nick Cross or Shaq Leonard?

coltsfeva

While I understand you need 3 LBs on obvious run downs, I’d like to see more Nick Cross against Lawrence. He’s supposed to have 4.3 speed and hits like a LB.
  Right now, Leonard looks like he’s not ready, he’s thinking too much (instead of reacting) and may be a liability…right now. I hope I’m wrong and maybe I’m overestimating Cross but at very least, I’d like to see a lot of dime packages.

I'd like to see an AGGRESSIVE defense period no matter WHO can get the job done!! So tired of seeing the upper tier type qbs get all day in the pocket to pick apart the young secondary who by the way give up 10 yd cushions and a free release to opposing receivers!!

If either Cross OR Leonard can get into the backfield on some delayed blitzes to put Lawrence on his backside I'm ALL in on either player!!! Also I don't understand why Gus doesn't use the SIZE of our corners to reroute opposing receivers within the first 5 yrds instead of allowing free reign to amass large passing yards.

It should be noted that Shaq Leonard has been dealing with a groin issue the past few weeks.

Additionally - the Colts are working him in the rotation before letting him start again - so that he can work back in to game shape after TWO BACK SURGERIES!!

I'd rather be patient - that toss Shaq the Maniaq under the bus!!

Patience is a virtue!!

19 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

So....  The question is:  Would you rather play a guy who can't stay on the field due to injury?  Or would you rather play a guy who can't get on the field because he's not better than the average guys in front of him?

Well, this weeks game should give us a better idea where Leonard stands. I mean, how much longer does he need? Maybe he can provide some support for our defense? Make a sack? Record a bunch of tackles? or tackle for loss? Interception?  Something worthy of his salary. Has Cross ever even played the LB position? I doubt he would know the proper assignments since he's always been at Safety.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Well, this weeks game should give us a better idea where Leonard stands. I mean, how much longer does he need? Maybe he can provide some support for our defense? Make a sack? Record a bunch of tackles? or tackle for loss? Interception?  Something worthy of his salary. Has Cross ever even played the LB position? I doubt he would know the proper assignments since he's always been at Safety.

It's still my opinion that if Leonard said on the record, "Ok, call me Darius", he would get 3 sacks and 2 interceptions in a single game.

• Like 1