Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rg3 talks about the Colts

Personally, I have zero problems with RG3 deciding not to workout privately for INDY. All the scouting was done at the Combine & individual pro days anyway. There is plenty of film tape on RG3 already, which makes a 1 on 1 visit irrelevant to me.

As a Diehard Horseshoe Blue fan for life, I didn't need an apology. No one stiffed us in my view. The RG3 apology merely demonstrates his public relations savvyness IMO. You will need that cool as a cucumber persona in the heart of politics son. Good Luck RG3.

He just wants to make himself feel better! sorry RG3 we never wanted you!!!

Griffin may not be correct in his guess that not working out sealed his fate (I suspect he is, whatever slim chance he had probably did vanish there) but I don't think he has to make himself feel better by any means. I'm sure you guys won't like to hear this but right now the Redskins are the more stable organization out of the two. Throw in the fact that RGIII was a Shanahan fan before going to Baylor, DC is one of the biggest markets in the NFL, and the Skins badly wanted Griffin to the point where they would very likely have taken him with the first pick had they been afforded that opportunity and there just isn't a lot of downside to not going number one in his case.

Griffin may not be correct in his guess that not working out sealed his fate (I suspect he is, whatever slim chance he had probably did vanish there) but I don't think he has to make himself feel better by any means. I'm sure you guys won't like to hear this but right now the Redskins are the more stable organization out of the two. Throw in the fact that RGIII was a Shanahan fan before going to Baylor, DC is one of the biggest markets in the NFL, and the Skins badly wanted Griffin to the point where they would very likely have taken him with the first pick had they been afforded that opportunity and there just isn't a lot of downside to not going number one in his case.

lol

Redskins stable.

More stable.

Okay moving on......have fun tonight.

Yes, right now RG3 has more weapons no question. The real test will be 4-5 years from now. Will Coach Shanahan still be in Washington? I have my reservations here. Terrell Davis made Shanahan's career not Elway. Shannahan must get a 1st round Playoffs victory this year or he will be fired IMO.

Luck, on the other hand, is following a scrimmage H.O.F. QB legend that's true, but the level of expectations right now for our squad is nowhere near the red hot, surface of the sun intensity it is in Washington right now either.

lol

Redskins stable.

More stable.

Okay moving on......have fun tonight.

I know, right? It sounds like a bad joke but it is legitimately true since you guys cut Peyton, cut Clark, cut Addai, cut Brackett, fired the Polians, fired Caldwell and your entire coaching staff, and changed the defensive scheme from the Tampa 2 to a hybrid 4-3/3-4 all in the last few months. Meanwhile the Redskins have had the same GM, same coaching staff, and same systems in place for three years running. That may not be very stable (certainly not like the Peyton years were for you guys or, even moreso, the 80s were for us) but it is decidedly more stable.

It also may not be true after next season or the season after that (we'll see). Just don't forget that until Luck takes the field and proves us all otherwise you guys are currently the dregs of the NFL. FWIW, I'd be shocked if you did remain at the very bottom with Luck but I'd also be shocked if you returned to your former glory (regular playoff contenders) in year one.

Yes, right now RG3 has more weapons no question. The real test will be 4-5 years from now. Will Coach Shanahan still be in Washington? I have my reservations here. Terrell Davis made Shanahan's career not Elway. Shannahan must get a 1st round Playoffs victory this year or he will be fired IMO.

Luck, on the other hand, is following a scrimmage H.O.F. QB legend that's true, but the level of expectations right now for our squad is nowhere the red hot, surface of the sun intensity it is in Washington right now either.

The TD made Shanahan argument is a smarter one than the Elway made Shanahan argument but it's still too limited in scope to even come close to representing the reality of Shanahan's successes. That's a completely different topic.

I can say, authoritatively, that expectations in DC for 2012 are not that intense (hopes are but that's very different) and that Shanahan is in no danger of being fired unless we have a truly disastrous 2011 Colts-esque finish. Snyder will keep Shanahan around even if we don't make the playoffs and the DC fanbase and sports media, while notoriously impatient and prone to knee-jerk reactions, does possess an underlying understanding that rookie QBs need time to develop.

We're further along than you guys but we're not that far along.

I know, right? It sounds like a bad joke but it is legitimately true since you guys cut Peyton, cut Clark, cut Addai, cut Brackett, fired the Polians, fired Caldwell and your entire coaching staff, and changed the defensive scheme from the Tampa 2 to a hybrid 4-3/3-4 all in the last few months. Meanwhile the Redskins have had the same GM, same coaching staff, and same systems in place for three years running. That may not be very stable (certainly not like the Peyton years were for you guys or, even moreso, the 80s were for us) but it is decidedly more stable.

It also may not be true after next season or the season after that (we'll see). Just don't forget that until Luck takes the field and proves us all otherwise you guys are currently the dregs of the NFL. FWIW, I'd be shocked if you did remain at the very bottom with Luck but I'd also be shocked if you returned to your former glory (regular playoff contenders) in year one.

The TD made Shanahan argument is a smarter one than the Elway made Shanahan argument but it's still too limited in scope to even come close to representing the reality of Shanahan's successes. That's a completely different topic.

I can say, authoritatively, that expectations in DC for 2012 are not that intense (hopes are but that's very different) and that Shanahan is in no danger of being fired unless we have a truly disastrous 2011 Colts-esque finish. Snyder will keep Shanahan around even if we don't make the playoffs and the DC fanbase and sports media, while notoriously impatient and prone to knee-jerk reactions, does possess an underlying understanding that rookie QBs need time to develop.

We're further along than you guys but we're not that far along.

I have no doubt that RG3 will be as good as advertised. The Redskins finally got their franchise QB for the next decade or more & I am happy for your team RGIII. That fan base needs to move beyond the Joe Gibbs era & have something new to cheer about. I actually like Mike Shanahan & don't want him fired either. He is a brilliant coach IMO. But, I do find it peculiar that his protege Gary Kubiack is doing better in Houston than Mike actually is right now.

I have no doubt that RG3 will be as good as advertised. The Redskins finally got their franchise QB for the next decade or more & I am happy for your team RGIII. That fan base needs to move beyond the Joe Gibbs era & have something new to cheer about. I actually like Mike Shanahan & don't want him fired either. He is a brilliant coach IMO. But, I do find it peculiar that his protege Gary Kubiack is doing better in Houston than Mike actually is right now.

You do realize that Kubiack has the best running back in the league, one of the best 3 WR's in the league, and a solid QB on his team right? The only things Kubiack and Shannahan have had in common before now is a solid defense.

The Redskins didnt lose 1 player and had their franchise implode

As much as I hate to admit this Jay305, you are absolutely correct. With Peyton out, our season literally went off the tracks. Implosion is the perfect word for exactly what went down too. But, at least Curtis Painter's poor QB play secured us the #1 draft pick...That & both Caldwell's & Pollian's inability to see how bad Painter really was & pull him before our season plummeted to the bottom of the ocean like a defective torpedo.

I was thrilled that we had the opportunity to get Shanahan. I've always loved how Denver operated their offense when he was out there so having a guy like him available in the midst of the disaster that was Jim Zorn was a godsend. I like Kubiak too and, while he is certainly more successful right now, he was on pretty shaky ground until that defense turned around.

Really, though, the Texans are just a few years ahead of the Skins (just like how the Skins are ahead of the Colts).