Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Season, Playoffs and Super Bowl Predictions

2006Coltsbestever

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Game 2 of the pre-season. Lions will run away with the North.

Yep, just preseason, but still a good indicator of a lack of depth on their team. The Jags backups did not just beat them but destroyed them in scoring, time of possession, and yards gained. They were held to 131 total yards! Jags ended the game with 400 yards. If I were a Lion's fan I would be concerned. 

12 minutes ago, jaxjag said:

Yep, just preseason, but still a good indicator of a lack of depth on their team. The Jags backups did not just beat them but destroyed them in scoring, time of possession, and yards gained. They were held to 131 total yards! Jags ended the game with 400 yards. If I were a Lion's fan I would be concerned. 

You probably seen my picks above, I have the Jags winning the AFC South. It pains me to say it but I go by who has the best teams, not who I like. I have Trevor Lawrence cracking my top 10 QB's in the league as well coming into this year. He showed me enough last year. His rookie season was bad only because Urban was a Buffoon lol.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You probably seen my picks above, I have the Jags winning the AFC South. It pains me to say it but I go by who has the best teams, not who I like. I have Trevor Lawrence cracking my top 10 QB's in the league as well coming into this year. He showed me enough last year. His rookie season was bad only because Urban was a Buffoon lol.

My point was not intended to brag about the Jags but more to expose a huge red flag for the Lion's. Their starters are very talented but their lack of depth is going to kill them if their starters don't stay healthy. I can't begin to tell you how bad they looked in all facets of the game. It looked like our starters were playing their backups, but it was all backups against backups.

1 minute ago, jaxjag said:

My point was not intended to brag about the Jags but more to expose a huge red flag for the Lion's. Their starters are very talented but their lack of depth is going to kill them if their starters don't stay healthy. I can't begin to tell you how bad they looked in all facets of the game. It looked like our starters were playing their backups, but it was all backups against backups.

Health is always the most important thing. If a team loses 2 or 3 quality starters, their season could go down the drain. Especially if it is their starting QB or an elite WR or RB. It is like that with any team, imagine the Jags losing Trevor? That would be pretty bad.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Health is always the most important thing. If a team loses 2 or 3 quality starters, their season could go down the drain. Especially if it is their starting QB or an elite WR or RB. It is like that with any team, imagine the Jags losing Trevor? That would be pretty bad.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Losing your starting QB is on another level of bad, but losing 2 or 3 starters will not derail a team if they have quality backups. As an example, if the Jags lose ETN we have 2 quality backups, if we lose one of our wide receivers, we won't skip a beat. That scenario does not seem to be the case for the Lions.

Right now my biggest concern for the Jags is we have 4 backup offensive linemen injured. If these turn into long term issues we have a depth problem on the line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaxjag said:

Losing your starting QB is on another level of bad, but losing 2 or 3 starters will not derail a team if they have quality backups. As an example, if the Jags lose ETN we have 2 quality backups, if we lose one of our wide receivers, we won't skip a beat. That scenario does not seem to be the case for the Lions.

Right now my biggest concern for the Jags is we have 4 backup offensive linemen injured. If these turn into long term issues we have a depth problem on the line.

Having unproven talent on the O.Line or having just an average O.Line can get a QB killed. That is a dicey situation. That is why having a QB that gets the ball out quick (Peyton) or a tough QB that can read defenses (Luck) comes in handy. I think Trevor will be fine, he is smart and in that good tier of QB's = top 10 or so.

Having quality backups is very important but if Cincy lost Chase, that team wouldn't be the same and they have pretty good overall depth. It depends on the player lost. If they lost Mixon they could probably improvise. 

I like having depth on the Lines because you can have players that are interchangeable, and they stay fresh and more healthy. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 10:14 AM, jaxjag said:

The Lions backups looked pretty good yesterday. Did Steven Gilmore, the brother of Stefon Gilmore, play in the game you watched? He played like a starter. If he gets cut, I hope the Vikings try to pick him up on waivers. The RB Reynolds was impressive too. Their backup WRs did not impress except Green who scored the 70-yard TD.

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Lions backups looked pretty good yesterday. Did Steven Gilmore, the brother of Stefon Gilmore, play in the game you watched? He played like a starter. If he gets cut, I hope the Vikings try to pick him up on waivers. The RB Reynolds was impressive too. Their backup WRs did not impress except Green who scored the 70-yard TD.

People laugh at my prediction but the Lions are going to win the NFC.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I said 'laughing', because it is the Lions. Even my buddy Mark thinks I am smoking something lol. 

Well, you know Mark... Let's not say more. Lol.

I like the Lions but the division may not be as easy as many believe. I have the 

Lions,

Vikings,

GB and Bears tie for 3rd/4th.

However, both the Bears and Green Bay may surprise people.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Well, you know Mark... Let's not say more. Lol.

I like the Lions but the division may not be as easy as many believe. I have the 

Lions,

Vikings,

GB and Bears tie for 3rd/4th.

However, both the Bears and Green Bay may surprise people.

I have the Vikings making the playoffs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have the Vikings making the playoffs.

I think Bears or Packers will win the division, one or both their QBs could have a good year. I think Lions will feel the loss of Jamaal Williams, and Goff is yet to have a great or good road game with the Lions. I'd not be surprised if Vikings end up last with little run game, inconsistent offense and wasted year for Jefferson. I hope Vikings don't drive Jefferson out of the club with bad Decisions around him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think Bears or Packers will win the division, one or both their QBs could have a good year. I think Lions will feel the loss of Jamaal Williams, and Goff is yet to have a great or good road game with the Lions. I'd not be surprised if Vikings end up last with little run game, inconsistent offense and wasted year for Jefferson. I hope Vikings don't drive Jefferson out of the club with bad Decisions around him. 

Have you posted all your predictions?

Did you have your FF drafts yet?

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Have you posted all your predictions?

Did you have your FF drafts yet?

I have both DN leagues scheduled at same time on 29th... I probably will take part in outwest draft and will let the other one auto-draft. 

Draft in the League here is on 2nd..

I need to prepare a list of guys I'd prioritize in each position today, I lost track of all the roster changes and almost blank right now. So many changes in QB position around the league this year, it's gonna be tough to find breakout guys. Maybe have to play it bit safe. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I have both DN leagues scheduled at same time on 29th... I probably will take part in outwest draft and will let the other one auto-draft. 

Draft in the League here is on 2nd..

I need to prepare a list of guys I'd prioritize in each position today, I lost track of all the roster changes and almost blank right now. So many changes in QB position around the league this year, it's gonna be tough to find breakout guys. Maybe have to play it bit safe. 

Pickett to Pickens is going to be good. Draft one.

On 8/26/2023 at 7:33 AM, NFLfan said:

I have no idea if Gilmore played or not. If the Lions backups looked that good yesterday maybe the Jags backups are just that dang good. I know our wide receiver room is as deep as any in the NFL. We will be cutting some great talent that will play on Sunday somewhere for sure. I know you are not that excited about your receivers but if your front office is on the ball you may end up with one of our cuts. (I hope not) :lol:

43 minutes ago, jaxjag said:

. I know you are not that excited about your receivers but if your front office is on the ball you may end up with one of our cuts.

I like my WRs. Lol. I think we (the Vikings) have a deep WR corps. Our RB corps is not.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 10:30 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is everyone else's picks. There is no right or wrong picks here. It is all opinion; I could get a lot wrong here but I will take a stab at it.

My AFC Division winners:

West = Chiefs 13-4 (1st)

North = Ravens 12-5 (2nd)

East = Jets 11-6 (3rd)

South = Jags 10-7 (4th)

Wild Cards = Bengals 10-7, Bills 10-7, Dolphins 10-7

AFC Championship Game = Ravens at Chiefs, I have the Ravens winning the AFC!

I have a lot of BOLD predictions here as you can see. 2 more BOLD ones, Colts will go 8-8-1. They won't finish below .500. Chargers will miss the playoffs and their Coach will get fired. Regarding the Bengals, Burrow's injury is a concern. That will be interesting to follow.

My NFC Division winners:

East = Eagles 13-4 (1st)

North = Lions 12-5 (2nd)

West = 49ers 11-6 (3rd)

South = Panthers 9-8 (4th), Saints will be 9-8 too but Panthers get the tiebreaker.

Wild Cards = Cowboys 11-6, Vikings 10-7, Seahawks 10-7

I have the Bucs (no Brady) and the Giants missing the playoffs, they made it last year. Daniel Jones is MEH IMO.

NFC Championship Game = Lions at Eagles. Here it goes - I have the Lions winning the NFC! the simpsons homer GIF

Super Bowl = Ravens vs Lions. My 2023 SB Champion is the Ravens.

Dude!! You must be going based on my $100 bet on the Ravens I mentioned during draft time, to get back $2600 if they win SB. 

J/k :) 

I am thinking it will be the Cowboys from the NFC though, all pressure on Dak who bets on himself before accepting a new fat contract.

Ravens vs Cowboys with the Ravens winning it all. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 4:31 PM, chad72 said:

Dude!! You must be going based on my $100 bet on the Ravens I mentioned during draft time, to get back $2600 if they win SB. 

J/k :) 

I am thinking it will be the Cowboys from the NFC though, all pressure on Dak who bets on himself before accepting a new fat contract.

Ravens vs Cowboys with the Ravens winning it all. 

@2006Coltsbestever just keeping this thread up, so that we can revisit it periodically. :) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had the Jets winning the AFC East but that was thinking they would have Rodgers. I still had the Dolphins and Bills making the playoffs. I had us 8-8-1. I had Ravens/Lions SB, Ravens winning. All my other picks look solid. 

Thanks for finding the thread man!!!

I feel the No.1 seed is in jeopardy for the Eagles if they lose to the Bills. The 49ers are going to come in and beat the Eagles at home, the way the 2 teams are playing, based on current form.

• Thanks 1