Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts needs after the draft

CR91

15 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Center.

Let's send kelly packing

If Risner can play C and we can get something for Kelly, I would agree. However, we didn't draft a C in the draft (not sure if Ekiyor can play C either), so it's probably more beneficial to keep him right now and have compete with Pinter and French. I'd counter with signing Risner for the RG spot or possibly going after someone like Bryce Callahan at CB and playing to FA remaining strengths.

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

Center.

Let's send kelly packing

I've been on that same train, of sending kelly packing.

but with a young QB, I think his experience with 398,458 different quarterbacks might actually be beneficial to Richardson. 

Even though I think we have alot of good young talent in the secondary, I think it would be a good idea to bring in a vet or two to help the younger guys. There are still some good vets on the market that would be affordable.

And RG too. Other than that, so long are Leonard is good to go, I like the roster.

6 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

With all due respect, we don't need anymore TEs, DTs or CBs. 

thanks for the respect bro, but i simply don't agree. 

Here is my reasoning.

1.) Buckner is aging, and so is Grover.  I'm assuming this talented duo makes you feel comfortable at DT.  I however, am looking ahead 2-3 years. I think Grover remains a colt longer than Buck, but either way you look at it, both are aging, and if one gets injured. Who fills in? 

Tayvon Bryan is an average at best backup. (better than what we had last year). Tomi is going to be talented, I think. However he is more of a 3tch, and probably going to move around a lot. I do like this pick alot. However, when we get 2-3 years down the road, I'm picturing a DT issue. 

2.) TE - Mo Cox is overpaid, and wouldn't be TE1 on a lot of teams.

Woods has the ability to be special - but would primarily be a catching TE.

Brown might actually be the best TE on the roster if you include the run-blocking ability.

And we drafted another move TE in the middle-late rounds. Sure, it isn't a pressing need. But what else is higher on the list?

The only thing I see to be higher would be interior lineman, which I already included above it. We have better WRs than we               do TEs, we have better backs than we do TE's, all that leaves is lineman. We already drafted some tackles, so like I listed                     above, the only need on offense above that is iOL

3.) The cornerbacks - 

Kenny Moore won't be here long (based on how i see the situation)

--> Rogers Sr probably replace him in the slot.

That leaves Brents and Rush outside at some point. 

--> Again, still would need another 2-3 corners. 

When I think about roster need, it isn't just what we need in the next few weeks, I try to think about who is leaving, or likely to leave based on age/contract/performance/attitude towards organization

3 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Here is my reasoning.

1.) Buckner is aging, and so is Grover.  I'm assuming this talented duo makes you feel comfortable at DT.  I however, am looking ahead 2-3 years. I think Grover remains a colt longer than Buck, but either way you look at it, both are aging, and if one gets injured. Who fills in? 

Tayvon Bryan is an average at best backup. (better than what we had last year). Tomi is going to be talented, I think. However he is more of a 3tch, and probably going to move around a lot. I do like this pick alot. However, when we get 2-3 years down the road, I'm picturing a DT issue. 

Brown might actually be the best TE on the roster if you include the run-blocking ability.

And we drafted another move TE in the middle-late rounds. Sure, it isn't a pressing need. But what else is higher on the list?

The only thing I see to be higher would be interior lineman, which I already included above it. We have better WRs than we               do TEs, we have better backs than we do TE's, all that leaves is lineman. We already drafted some tackles, so like I listed                     above, the only need on offense above that is iOL

3.) The cornerbacks - 

When I think about roster need, it isn't just what we need in the next few weeks, I try to think about who is leaving, or likely to leave based on age/contract/performance/attitude towards organization

I think most of us in this thread are talking about this off season for the coming 2023 season. But otherwise good points. 

22 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Here is my reasoning.

3.) The cornerbacks - 

I think that's a long way to be looking ahead. Buckner and Stewart appear to be in their prime now. I'm thinking 4-5 more years. Running back may be a bigger concern if we don't want to pay Taylor.

Dallis Flowers seemed to play pretty well at corner, so we have him and Rodgers and the three rookies even without Moore.

Ogletree was impressive in training camp last summer, from what I read, so we have him both him and Woods who are both really big and should be able to learn how to block. The rookie sounds like he can be  a good receiver and decent blocker and we signed Brown as. blocker. That's four - even if Cox is traded.

7 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

I think that's a long way to be looking ahead. Buckner and Stewart appear to be in their prime now. I'm thinking 4-5 more years. Running back may be a bigger concern if we don't want to pay Taylor.

Dallis Flowers seemed to play pretty well at corner, so we have him and Rodgers and the three rookies even without Moore.

Ogletree was impressive in training camp last summer, from what I read, so we have him both him and Woods who are both really big and should be able to learn how to block. The rookie sounds like he can be  a good receiver and decent blocker and we signed Brown as. blocker. That's four - even if Cox is traded.

yeah, you're probably right. 

Archived