Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 - 2023 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

28 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thank you. Glad it's over. I thought we were going to lose after the first half and it was going to game 6. Nuggets managed to comeback and finish them off though. I managed to get 64th in a decent sized tourney on draftkings for the final game. Won $6.23. So a bit of extra cash there as well. 

Time to celebrate though. I have now won a championship with all of my sports teams. Feels surreal. 3 in the last 3 years with the Braves, Avalanche, and now the Nuggets. I'm definitely spoiled. Hoping to make it 4 for 4 soon with the Colts. :thmup:

Congrats. Ugly game but who cares right lol. Denver World Champions.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Congrats. Ugly game but who cares right lol. Denver World Champions.

Absolutely and thank you. Finally got a World Championship for basketball. I was sweating it after the first half, but the pressure is off. Now I can concentrate on the Braves and Colts. I needed that championship so bad for the Nuggets. You have to take advantage of those opportunities. They did so. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Absolutely and thank you. Finally got a World Championship for basketball. I was sweating it after the first half, but the pressure is off. Now I can concentrate on the Braves and Colts. I needed that championship so bad for the Nuggets. You have to take advantage of those opportunities. They did so. 

Yeah I almost have a trifecta. Colts won the SB in 2006, Cubs won the WS in 2016, Pacers made it to the Finals in 2000 = Silver medal. Pacers just ran into Shaq/Kobe/Horry/Fisher/and Phil coaching. No shame in losing to them. I have 2 Gold's and 1 Silver, you got your 3 Gold's. I liked the Lakers back in the 80's but that was because of Magic, I can't count those 5 Championships because I am a Pacers fan 1st. Lakers were my 2nd team back then. It was different back in the 80's, you either liked the Lakers or Celtics when you were in highschool. Those 2 teams just dominated the league.

Like you, you sort have the Broncos with Peyton, that had to feel good in 2015? I loved that Peyton got his 2nd ring because he was my favorite player. He needed it too for legacy purposes and GOAT talk.

• Like 2

After the Colts won the Super Bowl in 2006/07, I remember getting a lawn chair out and sitting by the ocean smoking a huge cigar The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- drinking a 24 ounce strong beer (it was malt liquor like 10%) around midnight. I was by myself, my friend was a sleep in the hotel room. I was watching the waves come in 75 degree weather and I was saying we did it baby! I was in Florida.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thank you. Glad it's over. I thought we were going to lose after the first half and it was going to game 6. Nuggets managed to comeback and finish them off though. I managed to get 64th in a decent sized tourney on draftkings for the final game. Won $6.23. So a bit of extra cash there as well. 

Time to celebrate though. I have now won a championship with all of my sports teams. Feels surreal. 3 in the last 3 years with the Braves, Avalanche, and now the Nuggets. I'm definitely spoiled. Hoping to make it 4 for 4 soon with the Colts. :thmup:

I attributed the first half to NBA Live 95 settings feature.

Keep Scores Close was turned on.

Refs kept it close(Nuggets did too with their horrible play), then the refs settled down for a while. Then I still can't believe that Jimmy Butler call at the end.... unfathomable that call stood.

Don't watch hockey anymore, haven't since their strike. Avalanche were my team back in the day though. Loved me some Patrick Roy and Peter Forsburg.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I almost have a trifecta. Colts won the SB in 2006, Cubs won the WS in 2016, Pacers made it to the Finals in 2000 = Silver medal. Pacers just ran into Shaq/Kobe/Horry/Fisher/and Phil coaching. No shame in losing to them. I have 2 Gold's and 1 Silver, you got your 3 Gold's. I liked the Lakers back in the 80's but that was because of Magic, I can't count those 5 Championships because I am a Pacers fan 1st. Lakers were my 2nd team back then. It was different back in the 80's, you either liked the Lakers or Celtics when you were in highschool. Those 2 teams just dominated the league.

Like you, you sort have the Broncos with Peyton, that had to feel good in 2015? I loved that Peyton got his 2nd ring because he was my favorite player. He needed it too for legacy purposes and GOAT talk.

The Cubs one had to be a huge deal for you. You're old enough where you lived through a long period of that Cubs drought since before 2016 when they won the WS. The Colts one was incredible for us all, especially after dealing with the Pats, and Peyton finally breaking through. I wasn't a huge basketball fan in 2000, but the Pacers did have some solid teams with Reggie Miller (not sure if he was on the team at that point). 

Yeah, I follow the Broncos pretty heavily because I live in Colorado. Seeing how my friends and family follow them, they are definitely a de facto second team for me. I generally watch every game on tv every week of theirs unless the Colts are on a different channel at the same time. Peyton winning it in Denver was big for me, as it meant almost as much there as it in did on Indy. He was on a team where I could be really excited for him and enjoy his career post-Indy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, w87r said:

I attributed the first half to NBA Live 95 settings feature.

Keep Scores Close was turned on.

Refs kept it close(Nuggets did too with their horrible play), then the refs settled down for a while. Then I still can't believe that Jimmy Butler call at the end.... unfathomable that call stood.

Don't watch hockey anymore, haven't since their strike. Avalanche were my team back in the day though. Loved me some Patrick Roy and Peter Forsburg.

LOL, I haven't played NBA Libe 95 in probably over 20 years. 

I seriously thought the Nuggets would lose yesterday. Couldn't believe they pulled it out at the end. When we made the two free throws to make it 94-89 after the missed Butler three, I was jumping off the couch in celebration. 

I watched Hockey during the Patrick Roy and Peter Forsberg days in school. Lots of Avalanche fans at that time. We had a teacher who was a Minnesota Wild fan who hated the Avalanche lol. However, that was always a great rivalry between the Avalanche and the Red Wings back 25 years ago.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The Cubs one had to be a huge deal for you. You're old enough where you lived through a long period of that Cubs drought since before 2016 when they won the WS. The Colts one was incredible for us all, especially after dealing with the Pats, and Peyton finally breaking through. I wasn't a huge basketball fan in 2000, but the Pacers did have some solid teams with Reggie Miller (not sure if he was on the team at that point). 

Yeah, I follow the Broncos pretty heavily because I live in Colorado. Seeing how my friends and family follow them, they are definitely a de facto second team for me. I generally watch every game on tv every week of theirs unless the Colts are on a different channel at the same time. Peyton winning it in Denver was big for me, as it meant almost as much there as it in did on Indy. He was on a team where I could be really excited for him and enjoy his career post-Indy. 

The Cubs winning the WS was just as great to me as the Colts winning the SB in 2006/07. I couldn't believe it finally happened. I think being called losers all those years by Cards and White Sox fans made it even better. I had to put up with that for 32 years of my life being a fan since 1984. There are a lot of Cards fans that live in Indy. Funny thing is both the Cards and White Sox have went longer now without winning a WS than we have. We won in 2016, Cards haven't won since 2011, White Sox since 2005. As far as that goes I have the bragging right there. 

Regarding Hockey, I have never got into watching the sport or follow it. I know some of the all-time greats like Gretzky, Bobby Orr, etc. but never had an interest in the sport. Soccer pretty much the same, I know who Messi is and that is about it. Those sports are boring to me. Boxing was always my go to 4th favorite sport up to around 10 years ago and even that sport isn't near as good as it once was.

• Like 1

I would say all-time since I have been watching sports = roughly 1977, in order here my favorite sports to watch and follow:

1. NFL Football

2. NBA Basketball - last 5 years or so I haven't watched as much but watched more this year during the playoffs.

3. MLB Baseball

4. College Basketball - it is because of the tournament.

5. College Football

6. Boxing - mainly from around 1980-around 2005. Anytime there was a big fight about to happen I was watching it or buying it. Not anymore though. Pro Boxing during the 80's had the best Middle Weight class in Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Mugabi. Mike Tyson was always a must see during the 80's and 90's regarding Heavy Weights. 

7. This is going to surprise many but Pro Tennis on the mens side was always entertaining to me growing up and as an adult. It is one on one, and watching McEnroe vs Borg, Sampras vs Agassi, Federer vs Nadal was must see TV. I would get my popcorn out for that stuff. 

12 hours ago, w87r said:

My prediction, Friday at 3:45pm the NBA will announce Ja suspension.

Has to be prior to the draft.

I am going to predict 41 games. That puts him out until early January. Gives him time to rehab and think about the things he has done. If he cares about his team it will hurt inside as well if the team is failing without him. Missing 41 games is a pretty huge chunk of money he will lose too. 

I think that is fair and reasonable, anything less is a slap on the wrist. Anything more is pushing it IMO considering he hasn't committed a major crime or anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it was just on ESPN, 1st take. Stephen A is going on and on about it lmao 

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Just now, w87r said:

Just saw myself.

It's still a significant suspension, almost 1/3 of the season.

I thought it'd be 40 tbh. A bit lower than I guessed. Still decent though.

• Like 2

Means he is also not eligible for post season awards this season.

Have to play in 65 games now for that.

Alright, on to next order or business. Draft and traded and NBA FA.

Should be an exciting next 2 weeks.

• Like 2

Nuggets made that trade during the playoffs to get a couple of extra draft picks, so we'll have picks 37 and 40 now this year as well as two 1sts and two 2nds next year (traded a 2029 1st rounder). So if the Nuggets lose Bruce Brown, then I'm guessing we'll fill it in through the draft and cheap FAs as we don't have much cap space.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Means he is also not eligible for post season awards this season.

Have to play in 65 games now for that.

Alright, on to next order or business. Draft and traded and NBA FA.

Should be an exciting next 2 weeks.

I really haven't heard anything on the Pacer front but I would love to be able to trade up and draft Brandon Miller. He and Haliburton together would be sweet and tough to beat.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Nuggets made that trade during the playoffs to get a couple of extra draft picks, so we'll have picks 37 and 40 now this year as well as two 1sts and two 2nds next year (traded a 2029 1st rounder). So if the Nuggets lose Bruce Brown, then I'm guessing we'll fill it in through the draft and cheap FAs as we don't have much cap space.

Bruce Brown would be a tough loss, he destroyed the Lakers in that series. Every game in that series was close except game 3, in the 3 close games = games 1, 2, and 4, Brown made a big difference. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bruce Brown would be a tough loss, he destroyed the Lakers in that series. Every game in that series was close except game 3, in the 3 close games = games 1, 2, and 4, Brown made a big difference. 

Definitely. He's technically under contract 1 more year, but he has a player option and I think he wants to get paid. We can only offer him up to 8.7 million a year, so I think he will go somewhere else. Can always hope though.

• Like 1

Less than a week til the NBA Draft already though. I know the first 10 or so players well, but will have to do some studying to learn at least the top 60. I wish I had a 1st rounder, but we still have our starting 5, so two 2nds should be fine for the Nuggets, especially since you can fill in the remaining holes in FA on the 30th. I kinda wish NFL would do it that way.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really haven't heard anything on the Pacer front but I would love to be able to trade up and draft Brandon Miller. He and Haliburton together would be sweet and tough to beat.

Miller would be nice, hopefully it happens.

We will definitely be making a trade or 2 come draft night.

I've seen a few things.

For 

Kuminga

#26, #29

To trade up to late teens

Will definitely be interesting couple weeks.

• Like 1

Less than a week til the NBA Draft already though. I know the first 10 or so players well, but will have to do some studying to learn at least the top 60. I wish I had a 1st rounder, but we still have our starting 5, so two 2nds should be fine for the Nuggets, especially since you can fill in the remaining holes in FA on the 30th. I kinda wish NFL would do it that way.

It is still hard to believe that the Joker wasn't picked until the 41st pick of the2014 draft. 41st! He is the Tom Brady of basketball when it comes to that. I already have him ranked the 30th best player of all-time in NBA history which the NBA started 1947. 2 League MVP's and a Finals MVP + his Championship. He plays like a Point Guard at the Center position, doing stuff that Magic and Bird used to do. He is only 28 years old as well. Denver might win 2 or 3 Championships when it is said and done.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is still hard to believe that the Joker wasn't picked until the 41st pick of the2014 draft. 41st! He is the Tom Brady of basketball when it comes to that. I already have him ranked the 30th best player of all-time in NBA history which the NBA started 1947. 2 League MVP's and a Finals MVP + his Championship. He plays like a Point Guard at the Center position, doing stuff that Magic and Bird used to do. He is only 28 years old as well. Denver might win 2 or 3 Championships when it is said and done.

I feel like Jokic will play 4-5 years more at most

He has to many other interest. I feel he will move on eventually.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I'm hoping for at least one more championship. The first one is always the most special. So I'm living in the now and enjoying it. You never know when things will go perfect again, even with an elite team. We were very healthy in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I feel like Jokic will play 4-5 years more at most

He has to many other interest. I feel he will move on eventually.

He and Giannis both probably belong in the top 30 of all-time. Giannis also has 2 League MVP's, a Finals MVP + his Championship like Joker. It will be interesting to see who has the better career between those 2. My top 25 players of all-time will be hard to crack (it is solid) for a while but both Joker and Giannis could break into even the top 20 with another Championship or 2.

• Like 1

This is definitely possible. I don't want it to happen, but it could.

Enjoy it while it lasts. The Cubs same core that won the WS in 2016 were only together from 2015 when it started up to the middle of the 2021 season. 2021 was when we got rid of our bigtime players. I had only 7 years to enjoy that team and it flew by. Only got 1 Championship out if it but it was a huge Championship ending many droughts. :thmup:

• Like 1

Starting to get real.

Beal

For

Paul

Shamet

Some 2nds

Not official yet, maybe a 3rd team can get in the mix for Paul.

Just hope Wizards don't waive Paul and let him walk to the Lakers.

Sounds like Paul got $10m more guaranteed to facilitate the trade, so there is a chance Wizards just hold on to him? Non guaranteed 24-25 salary.

EDIT: looks like they are looking for a 3rd team currently

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 11:41 AM, w87r said:

Miller would be nice, hopefully it happens.

We will definitely be making a trade or 2 come draft night.

I thought I had heard that the Pacers do not have enough roster spots available for all their draft picks so they will have to trade some.

30 minutes ago, Myles said:

I thought I had heard that the Pacers do not have enough roster spots available for all their draft picks so they will have to trade some.

Yeah they will definitely need to make a trade or 2.

Kinda hoping we can attach like #32 to move Theis contract off the books.

On 6/18/2023 at 5:27 PM, w87r said:

Starting to get real.

Beal

For

Paul

Shamet

Some 2nds

Not official yet, maybe a 3rd team can get in the mix for Paul.

Just hope Wizards don't waive Paul and let him walk to the Lakers.

Sounds like Paul got $10m more guaranteed to facilitate the trade, so there is a chance Wizards just hold on to him? Non guaranteed 24-25 salary.

EDIT: looks like they are looking for a 3rd team currently

Draft is Thursday, I usually watch round 1. It will be interesting to see what the Pacers will do or draft.

Not surprised at this at all. Told my son yesterday, when reports came out that Denver was trying to trade into the 1st round, that I thought we would trade out of the end of the first round to Denver and pickup the first rounder they acquired in Finals draft pick trade.

Pacers Trading No. 29, No. 32 Picks To Nuggets

The Nuggets’ own 2024 pick won’t be involved in this trade

The 2024 first-rounder the Pacers will receive from the Nuggets will be the one Denver gets in its trade with Oklahoma City: The least favorable of the Thunder’s, Clippers’, Rockets’, and Jazz’s picks.

Pacers also get #40 this year.

Recap:

Pacers get:

2024 1st, 2023 #40

Nuggets get:

2023 #29, 2023 #32

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Can't we just wheel and deal our picks, and walk outta the draft happy with Brandon Miller and Trayce Jackson-Davis?

Would love to get both of them.

Would require #7, Turner and probably more to get to 2 or 3.

Think TJD goes 18-22 range. Could try and move up from #26. Or could even make it to #26? Who knows.

I without a shadow of a doubt have no clue to the person we drafted in Round 1 confused homer simpson GIF

I wish I owned the Pacers, we would have a championship by now because I would go over the Cap and pay the luxury tax to get 1 or 2 great players here. Quit being tight wads, you guys are still millionaires. I would also have traded up to get Brandon Miller, with all the meaningless draft trading we did, we traded down and got someone that I have never heard of. Our Mangement stinks to put it politely. If they are happy stinking than that is on them. 

The Cavs went over the salary Cap when they had LeBron for like 4 years in a row, I love Dan Gilbert - their market is smaller than ours but he payed the luxury tax.