Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY / Doyle factor..... reason for Colts losses

AustexColt

I find it very coincidental that our losses to the Texans and Jaguars demonstrated the poor showing of our WR's/TE. Short of Pittman, there is no WRs to speak off. Mo and Granson combine does not equate to Doyle. When Ballard raised the "Thanks TY" banner over the stadium there was a finality that probably led to a huge emotional loss to the entire locker room.  How long that will last, no one knows, only time will tell. Is it fair to put up the banner at this time? Is TY being fair in not finalizing his career if that is what he really intends to do?  I think there are morale issues in the locker room, and Reich needs to frankly discuss this with Ballard and Irsay. 

I was in Houston and watched a Colts sideline before the game started and it that looked hardly excited about starting the season. ( I was there when Peyton/Harrison in Houston and the sideline was more lively ). Reich was stoic and concerned with minimum interaction with his players. I was really worried before the game that it was going to be a loss. The only player that was going up and down the sideline to get the players upbeat was Matt Ryan and Shaq Leonard. Leonard would stand on the 30 yard line cheering on his defense. No coaches were doing that, as the score was 20-3. How depressing. I think we have a problem that nobody is talking. It smells bad. 

You obviously saw more than any of us with being at the game, but I’ve mentioned that every single clip of Ryan on the sidelines, he’s alone. Not talking to players or coaches. I noticed this both games. He’s got young inexperienced WRs/TEs that need mentoring. Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s what I’m seeing. 

Nice Post.

This was a front office and team that was supposed to have reset after the loss to the Jags last year. The leadership within the locker room appears to be lacking. Most successful organizations have field and locker room chemistry in large part driven by the QB. The QB carousel in Indy needs to stop. I have seen this team start slow but look good. This team does not look good by any stretch.

Reich seems to have his face in the play sheet the entire game with very little interaction with anyone not named Ryan. Reich comes across as a play caller from the booth upstairs; not a dynamic personality inspiring his players on the field.

Ballard is going to die on the hill with his philosophy' and once again we are ranked near the bottom of the league in WR salaries at 29th. Ballard just paid a guard 20 million; the hope would be he is stud in the locker room as well.

You would think that after the season ending meltdown, and the "all In" reset that some thing would change and be noticeable. Yet, we still have coach that cannot prepare his team for the start of the season, and a front office that is dug in on the distribution of cap resources.

Cannot see much has changed except further regression. They have run out of excuses, and Jim Irsay should act sooner than later. 

Archived