Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FWIW The Colts Offense..

tvturner

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

And that leads back to should we have gotten a proven Wr , it’s gonna be another end of season press conference with Ballard saying oh maybe I should have got a vet at Wr etc…. Cause teams are not gonna keep letting Pittman beat them , and who else do you trust to step up 

Strachan will step up.  I'm a firm believer.

7 hours ago, DougDew said:

Well, these numbers aren't really stats.  Its the game recap of what actually happened, play by play.  You can see that the Colts made mistakes to stall drives.   They moved the ball all game long.  When they did not make mistakes, they generally scored a FG or a TD.   That's what I see.

The other team is on scholarship too.  There are going to be good plays made by them.  If we don't make the mistakes. .which some were made at bad times...then we win easily.

Frank messed up the goal line play call.  But then again, he has the personnel to run cutsie stuff (Hines, Granson) but not really the power stuff.  JMO.

My gripe with Frank near the goal line is lack of creativity.  So many times teams with great RBs (like the Titans) will have their RB line up in the backfield, then do a PA pass for a TD.  I don't think we do stuff like too often.  I only saw 1 P/A pass to Pittman, which did result in a TD, but it was farther out, and Pittman fought for that one..  Probably would have worked on that goal line situation too.

5 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

My gripe with Frank near the goal line is lack of creativity.  So many times teams with great RBs (like the Titans) will have their RB line up in the backfield, then do a PA pass for a TD.  I don't think we do stuff like too often.  I only saw 1 P/A pass to Pittman, which did result in a TD, but it was farther out, and Pittman fought for that one..  Probably would have worked on that goal line situation too.

Yes, or too much creativity.  thinking that he will fool the defense with a low percentage play.   

The winning formula for this week…..

Pittman:   9/121

Taylor:     31/161

This is not sustainable.   Not even close, not even a little bit.   The Colts will NOT make the playoffs if this formula is used too often.  The rest of the weapons have to deliver much much more.  

When we face good defenses they will neutralize/contain both JT and MPJ.   We need more balance.  Our young guys have to grow up fast.   Some of them are going to be counted upon to make key game winning plays.  It can’t be the same two players week after week. 

We will be interesting to see what adjustments we make this week.  Hard to imagine more urgency than week 2. 

12 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

just food for thought for those upset with Frank’s play calling.

Frank has tunnelvision for Pittman and is in love with Granson. Pittman is great, no doubt, but what happens when he gets shut down? Granson is so overused it's ridiculous. Get Mo in there, get Campbell and Strachan in there. Pittman and Granson had 40% of the targets W1, that's way too much and that's on Frank...

Archived