Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UCLA and USC bound for the Big 10

All this realignment of conferences has mostly sucked IMO but this is by far the very dumbest move of all. I can't wait for Boston College to move to the PAC 12 and hey how about Washington in the SEC? 

Just think if neither gets in the playoffs (basically a given) they could play a PAC 12 team in the Rose Bowl. lol what a joke 

I'm a bit torn on this move.   I am a Big Ten fan so I like that it strengthens the conference.  I thought the additions of Maryland and Rutgers were poor choices.

Geographically it is a dumb move.   I also don't like either of the schools.

Bringing up West Coast ratings will certainly happen.  

This is a push to get Notre Dame to join along with a few schools from the Pacific Northwest.  Big 10 has a TV rights deal coming up and their competitors are the big and pac 12 who are now weakened.  SEC is signed through 2034 and I believe the ACC through 2036.  Expect about that time there is another huge realignment with SEC and Big 10 leading the way to form two huge conferences that have their own playoffs and then face each other for the national championship 

The NBA is already trying to steal college players with the G league and its just a matter of time before the nfl does the same with the usfl or that league the wrestlers own. NCAA got greedy and didn't change with the times and league commissioners have taken control. I said 10yrs ago the NCAA is on its way out. Its coming and there is not much they can do to stop it

4 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

This is a push to get Notre Dame to join along with a few schools from the Pacific Northwest.  Big 10 has a TV rights deal coming up and their competitors are the big and pac 12 who are now weakened.  SEC is signed through 2034 and I believe the ACC through 2036.  Expect about that time there is another huge realignment with SEC and Big 10 leading the way to form two huge conferences that have their own playoffs and then face each other for the national championship 

The NBA is already trying to steal college players with the G league and its just a matter of time before the nfl does the same with the usfl or that league the wrestlers own. NCAA got greedy and didn't change with the times and league commissioners have taken control. I said 10yrs ago the NCAA is on its way out. Its coming and there is not much they can do to stop it

There are too many fans for college football to go away.   It will continue to survive.  

4 hours ago, Myles said:

There are too many fans for college football to go away.   It will continue to survive.  

Im speaking of the NCAA organization(business).  It will be a shell of itself or replaced.  College sports will always be around. Go down south and college sports is life. University of Tennessee owns the state...I think i saw once that UT brings in about 2 billion a year into the economy where the Titans are less than 500m. Then you have states like Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama that dont have any pro teams so college ball is life. 

School presidents and conference commissioners have figured out they really dont need the NCAA to run things beyond an outside agency to help enforce rules.  

Midweek games are gonna be tough. Have to fly out to Cali and back on a school night. Won't be fun. 

But I like the move. Strengthens the conference as a whole. Gonna bring in the huge LA market and all those dollars. Big Ten is also pushing hard to get Notre Dame to join.

On 7/1/2022 at 10:58 PM, jonjon said:

All this realignment of conferences has mostly sucked IMO but this is by far the very dumbest move of all. I can't wait for Boston College to move to the PAC 12 and hey how about Washington in the SEC? 

Just think if neither gets in the playoffs (basically a given) they could play a PAC 12 team in the Rose Bowl. lol what a joke 

Realignment has taken away my enjoyment of college sports, especially college basketball. Every year the conferences look different. There are few long-time rivalries as there used to be. It does not interest me. I don't even watch the NCAA Tournament anymore. 

I recall when Notre Dame football used to value not being in a conference. But if ND does join one, the Big Ten makes sense. Adding USC and UCLA does not make sense to me in terms of location, rivalry and history. JMO 

Archived