Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cole Johnson

1 hour ago, Matabix said:

Anyone check this guy out yet? Looks like we can get him in 6th or 7th?

Any thoughts?

If the Colts like him and it wouldn’t take more than a 6 or 7, then I’m fine with it.  

I just don’t want to use any of our picks from R’s 2-5.    Save those for guys who can help in 2022.    Odds are Johnson will need at least two years of apprenticeship before he’d be ready to be the backup. 

The James Madison kid? His agent is doing good work lately. Kid can play. I suspect he might wind up as a UDFA though.

This year, there're quite a few guys like this. Guys who i can see becoming very good at the NFL level but whose draft stock isnt necessarily high enough for the opportunity cost. Cole, Skylar, Eleby for starters.

I did some research and I couldn’t find any data on him anywhere. None of the major draft analysts mentioned him as sleepers, none of the big draft websites have him ranked or have a write up on him. He also wasn’t at the Shrine or NFL PA game. He’s like a complete unknown.

Without too much info to go by, I added this guy to the 6th round of my mock.  Makes sense that we’d add another contender at QB, but if we think Ryan has two more years and we like Ehlinger, then maybe not.  I like what Cole did last year, though, so he’s worth a shot…

On 3/29/2022 at 7:53 AM, Defjamz26 said:

I did some research and I couldn’t find any data on him anywhere. None of the major draft analysts mentioned him as sleepers, none of the big draft websites have him ranked or have a write up on him. He also wasn’t at the Shrine or NFL PA game. He’s like a complete unknown.

Yeah, totally slept on. It's amusing because there're write ups on guys like Cole Kelley who this guy is certainly better than. 

Archived