Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Mathis DL Opinion

danlhart87

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well….  Ballard is paying Q.   And I suspect we move on from Kelly in a year, with Pinter starting in 23.  

At this point, whatever happens ... happens.

I’m not gonna worry about it, i’ve invested enough already.

I’ll just see what the roster looks like week one, and go from there.

This year was tiresome.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

At this point, whatever happens ... happens.

I’m not gonna worry about it, i’ve invested enough already.

I’ll just see what the roster looks like week one, and go from there.

This year was tiresome.

I wouldn’t disagree with a single word.  The off-season is about 45 days old and it’s already exhausting.   And I think it’s only going to get busier and crazier.      :giveup:

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wouldn’t disagree with a single word.  The off-season is about 45 days old and it’s already exhausting.   And I think it’s only going to get busier and crazier.      :giveup:

I grew tired of the “coach-speak” and “gm-speak” only to see crap on the field.  

The Ballard talk doesn’t fly with me anymore, i need results.  I kinda lost some confidence  in him.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

I grew tired of the “coach-speak” and “gm-speak” only to see crap on the field.  

The Ballard talk doesn’t fly with me anymore, i need results.  I kinda lost some confidence  in him.

This where we part.   Both say what they can and are far more forthcoming than most of their peers.   There was more “speak” this year, but I’d simply point to extraordinary circumstances.   I may get there someday, but that time hasn’t come for me.  

From time to time, I grow tired of Irsay’s outbursts, but he’s the owner and he gets to do what he wants.  

Good luck. 

On 2/22/2022 at 12:41 AM, Superman said:

I'll take better players, while we're at it.

Or….better play from the players we have. After re-watching some games, I realized the difference between a sack and a 50yard completion many times comes down to a split second. We were so close on many of these. We want to see double digit sacks consistently but perhaps that’s unrealistic.

Of the 13 years Mathis played, he recorded double digit sacks in only 5 of those years.

Of the 16 years Freeney played, in only 8 of those years did he record double digit sacks.

Maybe the players we have are capable of double digit sack years and just need to develop? 

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

This where we part.   Both say what they can and are far more forthcoming than most of their peers.   There was more “speak” this year, but I’d simply point to extraordinary circumstances.   I may get there someday, but that time hasn’t come for me.  

From time to time, I grow tired of Irsay’s outbursts, but he’s the owner and he gets to do what he wants.  

Good luck. 

I cant remember the last time i was bothered by Irsay.  He doesnt go overboard.  We rarely hear from him.

I’m realizing now that Ballard talks un circles.  He says alot, while saying little.  
  Just curious how the QB position has been handled since Luck.  I see how we got here.  Its just frustrating we’re back in the same position.  Maybe worse at QB.  I’m not sure what options are out there.  I just wanna see the Effort.  FA and draft dont always work out, but QB should be priority one starting....... NOW.

Oh, and a backup plan for QB would probably be a good idea as well.

Archived