Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darius Leonard on what happened last two weeks

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Darius and JT noted the blame is on EXECUTION which means its on them. HOWEVER, Reich and coaches has a responsibility to get in their faces throughout the game and at half time. Remember in 2006 when the Colts fell behind the Pats in the AFC Championship, Jeff Saturday and Dungy stood up and told them it can be fixed and that it was their time. That takes leadership and that was lacking those last two weeks. I see Gus Bradley changing that in a hurry. I have seen him in games where he calls all his players around him and lights a fire to do their jobs. 

3 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Darius and JT noted the blame is on EXECUTION which means its on them. HOWEVER, Reich and coaches has a responsibility to get in their faces throughout the game and at half time. Remember in 2006 when the Colts fell behind the Pats in the AFC Championship, Jeff Saturday and Dungy stood up and told them it can be fixed and that it was their time. That takes leadership and that was lacking those last two weeks. I see Gus Bradley changing that in a hurry. I have seen him in games where he calls all his players around him and lights a fire to do their jobs. 

You had eyes on Reich the whole game? At HT? Cmon. This is not a verifiable or credible point. By all indications, the coach is a proper leader, your comments cast aspersions with no proof.

30 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Please answer past questions before posting unverified nonsense.    

20 hours ago, stitches said:

At this point I care very little about what any of them are saying. Not the players, not Frank, not Ballard... I want to see what they actually do when the rubber meets the road. To be honest I'm sick of listening to all of them. Time to show up... for Ballard - mainly during the off-season, for Reich and the players during the season. 

That’s the thing they aren’t going to get a chance to show up until next season and the NFL still hasn’t finished this one.  Even if Ballard has a great off-season on paper it’s still going to be a question until we see how they perform in a game and even then it’s going to be a question until they are in situation where they can clinch a playoff birth like they were this year.  So get ready it’s going to be a long off-season.

14 hours ago, gspdx said:

Well - your opinion.  You can lead a horse to water...

There is blame to go around, but multi-million dollar athletes are responsible for their play on the field.  

This.  Don’t get me wrong yes the coach has a responsibility to have his team ready to play and Reich failed that in the last two games but that doesn’t absolve the players of the responsibility to be ready to play themselves.  These are pro-athletes not middle school kids.  You shouldn’t need a coach to make you not over look a team you need to beat to get into the playoffs and then to do it in back-to-back weeks is just unacceptable and the players own that responsibility as much as the coaches do.  

Do you think guys like Peyton Manning, Edge, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney, or Robert Mathis ever needed a coach to tell them not to over look someone?  I highly doubt it.  Yes, I am sure coaches warned them against it but I also think it was something that was never an issue for their teams because those guys were leaders and handled it before it ever got to the coaches.  

Like I said I am not letting Frank off scot free here but the end of this season makes me wonder about the leaders on this team, one of which is Leonard.  

Archived