Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PPF: Secondary - Colts #16

EastStreet

On 1/21/2022 at 6:31 AM, AustinnKaine said:

weren't you saying Rogers wasn't a real CB because of his size?  I told you he was talented. 

I've always said I love him but concerned about his size. 

Pretty sure the coaches have the same concerns, or he'd be the unquestioned starter by now lol.

And I'd be happier than anyone if he defies those odds.

19 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I've always said I love him but concerned about his size. 

Pretty sure the coaches have the same concerns, or he'd be the unquestioned starter by now lol.

And I'd be happier than anyone if he defies those odds.

He did become the starter basically. Obviously you want Rhodes out there (when healthy) over a lot of corners in the league. Especially a young player.  I think we see his snap count go up once again next year.  I would like to see us find a kick returner so he doesnt have to do that too. 

2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

He did become the starter basically. Obviously you want Rhodes out there (when healthy) over a lot of corners in the league. Especially a young player.  I think we see his snap count go up once again next year.  I would like to see us find a kick returner so he doesnt have to do that too. 

He was depth. When the starters were injured, he filled in. But when they recovered, he went back to a rotational roll. 

We even saw Rhodes play too much at times when he shouldn't have, because we were facing a team with bigger WRs. 

I agree his snap count likely goes up again next season though. And so long as he keeps performing and grading well, I have zero problem with him. Like I keep saying, love the kid, just have very normal concerns due to obvious size limitations. 

I disagree though on returner. I'd keep him there. 

Archived