Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck to meet with Redskins "Multiple Times"

Dan

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 9, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, April 9, 2012 - inflammatory

What racism? And no they probably wouldn't - if RG3 were better than Luck then I think more people would want him.

Seriously the "subconscious racism" card does my head in - who wanted Anthony Gonzalez over Reggie Wayne? Who wouldn't take back a fit Sanders over Zbikowski? Who thinks Tannehill is a better option than Griffin? Oh right - nobody, because people prefer skill over skin colour.

If we couldnt get Luck Im sure the majority would be asking to move down and take Tannehill. You guys dont want a black quarterback in Indianapolis its quite obvious. Ive seen people post that RG3 is too ugly to play for us etc etc
Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 9, 2012 - quoting deleted post
Hidden by Nadine, April 9, 2012 - quoting deleted post

If we couldnt get Luck Im sure the majority would be asking to move down and take Tannehill. You guys dont want a black quarterback in Indianapolis its quite obvious. Ive seen people post that RG3 is too ugly to play for us etc etc

You're on the wind up, right? We don't want a black quarterback but we're more than happy to take black players at every other position... seriously, more racial discrimination is done by people like you making a big deal out of the racial difference, than is done by everyone else who simply judges based on ability.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 9, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, April 9, 2012 - inflammatory

The level of racism is suprising isnt it? If RG3 were white everyone would want him on this forum I guarantee that.

It wasn't racism. I was just painting him as immature for presenting himself in such a way.

You're on the wind up, right? We don't want a black quarterback but we're more than happy to take black players at every other position... seriously, more racial discrimination is done by people like you making a big deal out of the racial difference, than is done by everyone else who simply judges based on ability.

Im not the one making derogatory comments

What racism? And no they probably wouldn't - if RG3 were better than Luck then I think more people would want him.

Seriously the "subconscious racism" card does my head in - who wanted Anthony Gonzalez over Reggie Wayne? Who wouldn't take back a fit Sanders over Zbikowski? Who thinks Tannehill is a better option than Griffin? Oh right - nobody, because people prefer skill over skin colour.

Huge talent gaps on all 3 comparisons. Saying "people prefer skill over skin color" is an over generalization, IMO. Now, are there racists on this board? I don't know, you don't know. But "I be determined to not workout fo you" is not in good taste.

Then why misspell words to imply a certain pronounciation of words?

Because that's how kids talk these days, as if it's cool to talk as dumb as possible. It wasn't meant to imply ebonics, but I can see how you may have taken it that way. The best recourse would be to flag my post by reporting it and explain to a mod how that could be seen as racially derogatory. I wouldn't refer to the mod as an "SS officer" while reporting it though, as was done on the last page.

I have spoken about how Grif strikes me as fake and I would imagine he talks way different when there isn't a microphone in his face. I may be wrong, just my impression of his flashy nature and "show-off" persona. Luck doesn't seem to try to be anything he's not, he just is what he is. I like that.

BTW, two of my all time favs include Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham. I would have been ecstatic to have them here in Indy as our QB's.

Anyway, my apologies to anyone that took my post as slanderous against black folk. It wasn't meant that way and anyone that knows me here knows that I'm always cooking up a joke, sometimes I break a few eggs. Just report the post and I'll be more than supportive if they take my comment down.

Because that's how kids talk these days, as if it's cool to talk as dumb as possible. It wasn't meant to imply ebonics, but I can see how you may have taken it that way. The best recourse would be to flag my post by reporting it and explain to a mod how that could be seen as racially derogatory. I wouldn't refer to the mod as an "SS officer" while reporting it though, as was done on the last page.

I have spoken about how Grif strikes me as fake and I would imagine he talks way different when there isn't a microphone in his face. I may be wrong, just my impression of his flashy nature and "show-off" persona. Luck doesn't seem to try to be anything he's not, he just is what he is. I like that.

BTW, two of my all time favs include Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham. I would have been ecstatic to have them here in Indy as our QB's.

Anyway, my apologies to anyone that took my post as slanderous against black folk. It wasn't meant that way and anyone that knows me here knows that I'm always cooking up a joke, sometimes I break a few eggs. Just report the post and I'll be more than supportive if they take my comment down.

Griffin is as smart and accomplished as Luck and comes from a family with a military background. Why do you think hes fake?

Huge talent gaps on all 3 comparisons. Saying "people prefer skill over skin color" is an over generalization, IMO. Now, are there racists on this board? I don't know, you don't know. But "I be determined to not workout fo you" is not in good taste.

Because if it was a close talent gap then it could come down to opinion on skill rather than on race - an actual racist isn't going to go "Well Griffin is better than Tannehill, so I can put up with him being black", are they?

And the fact you admit there's a huge talent gap between Griffin and Tannehill contradicts Jay saying people on here would rather take Ryan than Robert.

And it wasn't really in poor taste... it's not marking ethnic minorities as inferior to caucasians, it was pointing out speech differences - I'm a former English language student and have actually studied "Black English" in both England and America, it's not racist, it's true - just like pointing out some black people tend to say "ax" instead of "ask" isn't racist, it's fact. Now, if I were to say that those language differences made black people worse than white people, it'd be racist. Pointing it out as a difference is not - much like saying black people tend to be faster runners than white people, which can be backed up by facts. People commonly tend to associate anything based around racial differences as being racist, when this just isn't true. Far too much sensitivity around race these days.

Because if it was a close talent gap then it could come down to opinion on skill rather than on race - an actual racist isn't going to go "Well Griffin is better than Tannehill, so I can put up with him being black", are they?

And the fact you admit there's a huge talent gap between Griffin and Tannehill contradicts Jay saying people on here would rather take Ryan than Robert.

And it wasn't really in poor taste... it's not marking ethnic minorities as inferior to caucasians, it was pointing out speech differences - I'm a former English language student and have actually studied "Black English" in both England and America, it's not racist, it's true - just like pointing out some black people tend to say "ax" instead of "ask" isn't racist, it's fact. Now, if I were to say that those language differences made black people worse than white people, it'd be racist. Pointing it out as a difference is not - much like saying black people tend to be faster runners than white people, which can be backed up by facts. People commonly tend to associate anything based around racial differences as being racist, when this just isn't true. Far too much sensitivity around race these days.

I guess racism is relative

I guess racism is relative

Of course it is, and nothing on this site has been racist in any way - posted by people with racially discriminating traits, possibly, who knows? But I've yet to see one comment on this site, from anybody, that I would call racist, and if you have I would love to be directed to it.

RGIII is being bashed, for whatever reason or another. Some might have hidden feelings coming out by doing so, some might be suppressing those feelings. The kid hasn't done one thing to deserve the negativity.

Im with you 100% on this

Of course it is, and nothing on this site has been racist in any way - posted by people with racially discriminating traits, possibly, who knows? But I've yet to see one comment on this site, from anybody, that I would call racist, and if you have I would love to be directed to it.

...in your opinion. One man's racism is another man's humor

RGIII is being bashed, for whatever reason or another. Some might have hidden feelings coming out by doing so, some might be suppressing those feelings. The kid hasn't done one thing to deserve the negativity.

He's a top-5 NFL draft projection. By entering this fray he is eligible to receive boatloads of criticism. We've learned that being able to throw very well isn't the end all in the pre-draft analysis of a QB. We have to look toward outward personality signs that may red-flag an inability to deal with the extreme pressures of being a franchise NFL QB.

I have listed my complaints before about Griffin and I do not wish to rehash them. His pro-day made him seem phony to me. I wish him the best though. I don't want him to be a failure just to prove myself right. I hope he lives the dream. More than anything, I want Luck to be beyond successful because he is the heir-apparent to Manning's throne, and my QB.