danlhart87

29 days left until the NFL Draft and today we discuss the Atlanta Falcons 

Falcons have plenty of options:

Do they take a QB to eventually replace Ryan 

Do they take OL to protect Ryan

Do they take defense cause it was awful 

What do you think 

I say draft a QB for future

At #4 with 3 QBs likely going in the first 3 picks, I think they either trade back or take Sewell. Can't go wrong getting a stud LT, but with Ryan's cap hit it may behoove them to move off the pick and stock up on some future Day 1 and 2 picks if possible

57 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

At #4 with 3 QBs likely going in the first 3 picks, I think they either trade back or take Sewell. Can't go wrong getting a stud LT, but with Ryan's cap hit it may behoove them to move off the pick and stock up on some future Day 1 and 2 picks if possible

Chances are Fields or Lance could be there and I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to get a franchise QB. They are unfortunately stuck with Ryan for now.

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Chances are Fields or Lance could be there and I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to get a franchise QB. They are unfortunately stuck with Ryan for now.

I'm not as high on Lance, especially in top 10. I think Lawrence/Wilson/Fields is my guess for top 3. I wouldn't be surprised, at all, if they drafted Mac or Trey - but I'm not sold that the #3/4 QB is a better pick than the #1 at any other position in this draft (or the draft haul that would come from trading when a teardown/rebuild is very possibly coming in the next couple years)

Tough choice for the Falcons.  You don't get to draft in the top 5 very often.   They will need a new QB in a couple years.   

But, Ryan had a pretty good season last year - 65% completions, 4600 yards, 26 TD's, 11 INT's.   They could trade down a bit and pick up several good picks.  

Archived