Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My New Mock (With Draft Day Trade)

1st- QB Andrew Luck (Luck should and will be the pick. The sooner we sign him, the sooner we can stop the debate.)

2nd- CB Dre Kirkpatrick (I think Fleener and Janoris Jenkins could be taken round 1, and Kirkpatrick could be a 1st round guy that slips due to other guys rising. Pagano would LOVE to have a talent like Kirkpatrick to mold into a star at CB opposite Powers. Plus in his defense, CBs are asked to man cover more so we need better skill at the position.)

Indy trades DE Dwight Freeney and 2013 4th for NE's 48th overall pick (1st of their two 2nd round picks.)

2nd(via trade)- DE/OLB Vinny Curry (He replaces Freeney and he is actually better suited to play the Terrell Suggs role than Mathis since Curry is a bigger bodied pass rusher and is the exact size of Suggs. We have a good rotation of DE/OLB pass rushers in Mathis, Curry, and Hughes.)

3rd- NT Brandon Thompson (I see Ta'amu going before Thompson, and this pick could patch our NT spot at least for a little while until we find our stud there.)

4th- WR AJ Jenkins (Gives us a good underrated WR to learn from Reggie.)

5th- TE Ladarius Green (We need a talented TE, and Green is that although he is raw. Could be a Jimmy Graham type of TE down the line.)

Our Defense looks pretty good after this draft, but we still could use some help on Offense, particularly at TE. We can still add a few more guys in Free agency since we trade Freeney in my draft scenario to help out Luck and the offense.

I hope we can trade Freeney on draft day. At the end of the day he still prefers putting his hand on the ground and rushing the passer.

Like others have pointed out, now that teams understand he will not be cut, I suspect quite a few suitors to contact the Colts leading up to the draft.

Plz cut Freeney now and give us a competitive chance.We have no way to sign anyone else outside the draft when teams start cutting were not even able to look for more talent no cap left.Get rid of Freeeny get Taamu ,Gilmore ,Streeter ,Hanna would be ok.Then with extra cap room this year look for vets after june and preseason to be competitive.Dont want these rookies giving up because their on a rebuilding team.I,m still saying we win Div next year 62 mill cap to spend plus comp picks for all FAs we lost people not 3 or 4 years next year we will win the South you hear me?