Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why We Need To Get Clark Back

Dtman513

Whats your beef with Clark man he was one of the greatest Tight Ends of the last 5 years. One bad year and your jumping on him like he's garbage.

lol, the greatest. Get real hombre.

I appreciated all Clark had done for us, but the sheer amount of unbridled 'Omg he's da greatest' is absurd. ONE good year, and your walking around talking about how amazing he is.

The guy played 9 seasons and went over 500 yards, 3 times. he played in an offense with possibly the GOAT, and was at best, the 4th option on his own team, benfiting from others recieving more attention than himself.

Just to show you a little something. Gronkowski, this year ALONE, accounted for over 25% of Clarks CAREER yards, and over 40% of Clarks CAREER TDs. Clarks 9 year career vs Gronks 1 good season........

Vernon Davis has gone over 500yds 4 of 6 seasons.....Witten has gone over 750yds 8 of 9 seasons....Gates has gone over 750yds 7 of 9 times(8 of 9 700yds)...Gonzo has gone over 600yds 14 of 15 seasons.....Kellen Winslow has gone over 700yds 5 of 7 seasons....heck Brent Celek has as many 500+yd seasons as Clark, in 4 less seasons.....And you come in here having the audacity to refer Clark to anything near "GREATEST"....get real.........

If he comes cheap, sure. His blocking is below average, so he can't do much for you there. He is also injury prone, as he has missed his fair share of games recently. Some say he might retire

I agree with this, I think Clark needs to come on the cheap if he wants to play football, and he might as well do it here where people still love him. I would have rather had Tamme, but such is life.

Dallas Clark is still on the market. We lost Tamme to Denver, leaving Eldridge as our veteran tight end on the roster.

I think Grigson should try to find a way to work a deal with Clark to get him back on the roster for the Colts.

He'll provide good veteran experience for Luck, a security blanket, and if somehow they can draft Coby Fleener he would be a good mentor for the guy.

I feel that's what they did in retaining Wayne, and they should do the same for Clark.

Thoughts?

I absolutely disagree dallas doesnt have enough upside anymore.Sign a young fast big bodied blocking Te that can block.Dallas was great but the position has moved on from the abilities he still has.Will be missed and not forgotten.

lol, the greatest. Get real hombre.

I appreciated all Clark had done for us, but the sheer amount of unbridled 'Omg he's da greatest' is absurd. ONE good year, and your walking around talking about how amazing he is.

The guy played 9 seasons and went over 500 yards, 3 times. he played in an offense with possibly the GOAT, and was at best, the 4th option on his own team, benfiting from others recieving more attention than himself.

Just to show you a little something. Gronkowski, this year ALONE, accounted for over 25% of Clarks CAREER yards, and over 40% of Clarks CAREER TDs. Clarks 9 year career vs Gronks 1 good season........

Vernon Davis has gone over 500yds 4 of 6 seasons.....Witten has gone over 750yds 8 of 9 seasons....Gates has gone over 750yds 7 of 9 times(8 of 9 700yds)...Gonzo has gone over 600yds 14 of 15 seasons.....Kellen Winslow has gone over 700yds 5 of 7 seasons....heck Brent Celek has as many 500+yd seasons as Clark, in 4 less seasons.....And you come in here having the audacity to refer Clark to anything near "GREATEST"....get real.........

I never said he was the greatest of all-time or anything i'm just saying that in the last 5 years he has been on of the top tight ends. Short memory forgetting he put up over a 1000 yards in 2009.

I never said he was the greatest of all-time or anything i'm just saying that in the last 5 years he has been on of the top tight ends. Short memory forgetting he put up over a 1000 yards in 2009.

Yes. 1 good season(3yrs ago no less) out of 9 and I am the one with a short memory.