Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard and Reich on 53 Man Roster Decisions

coltsfeva

First, let me say, we’re very fortunate to have these two guys, running the team. Decisions are well thought out and it’s truly a collaborative effort.

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen the Colts have such a deep roster. It seems like they’re two deep in most positions, with very few having a huge drop off, should a starter go down.

Takeaways:

Turay isn’t quite ready to return 

Blankenship has something special

Patmon impressed with his ability to shed press coverage 

L’raven Clark has improved

The practice squad is a different animal with the new rules

I’m PUMPED for this season and I think they could be a top ten team in all three fazes.

GO COLTS!!!

https://www.colts.com/news/chris-ballard-frank-reich-jacob-eason-kemoko-turay-roster-cuts-conference-call

29 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

First, let me say, we’re very fortunate to have these two guys, running the team. Decisions are well thought out and it’s truly a collaborative effort.

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen the Colts have such a deep roster. It seems like they’re two deep in most positions, with very few having a huge drop off, should a starter go down.

Takeaways:

Turay isn’t quite ready to return 

Blankenship has something special

Patmon impressed with his ability to shed press coverage 

L’raven Clark has improved

The practice squad is a different animal with the new rules

I’m PUMPED for this season and I think they could be a top ten team in all three fazes.

GO COLTS!!!

https://www.colts.com/news/chris-ballard-frank-reich-jacob-eason-kemoko-turay-roster-cuts-conference-call

Good thread, I was about to post something similar. The number of draft picks we have the last 4 years from Ballard's drafts on this team is absolutely amazing. I was like a kid in a candy store looking at our 53 man roster and the turnaround this team has had. Literal potential everywhere. Everyone is going to contribute, and we can do something this year as long as we stay relatively healthy. For the first time in a long time, I can say the Colts have a very deep roster, and I feel we are good enough to play 60 minutes with everyone. We should all feel confident this year. Ballard and the scouts have done a great job drafting, and the 2020 class looks no different.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Kwitty wasn't extended, they just picked up the 5th year option.  Rigo is paid in the middle of the pack for punters.
    • My recollection is Rigoberto was fine as the season progressed.
    • Ballard's decision on Kwitty and Rigoberto extension will be seriously questioned this season.  Kwitty... its show time with Latu and Ekuban giving him plenty of breather. Time to prove himself as deserving his extension. Rigoberto... last year he was not his best.  Early games he seems to underperform and that makes me concerned.  I think his injury has reduced his leg strength. I hope he gets some serious competition at camp.
    • I had back surgery 3-4 years ago. Pain never leaves. Have to deal with it, don't handicap your team though.   If you can't play through it, go sit on the bench.   To play the last 9:30 of the game and have 0 shot attempts, 3 turnovers cost us the game. We were already playing 5 vs 8. So that took us to 4 vs 8.    That's just the offensive part of it, he already is a liability on the defensive end most nights, as it is. Im usually calling for Offensive/defensive substitutions late in games when able to.     Being used as a decoy isn't the answer. It hurt the team.   Who's fault that is(Carlisle, or Haliburton)? IDK, but it cost us game 1, and at the end of the day, could come back and cost us the series.     If he has a major back issues at 24, that's a bigger issue.   @John Waylon Post came through while posting, think a lot here ties to your post.       Side Bar:    I wish I could say be doesn't play like this too often, but he frustrates me a lot. So I'm not accepting his injury excuse here, everyone is dealing with something. Either play or don't. To many other occurrences of play like this to dismiss it as a pattern.     I've posted about it here a few times.
    • No he looks bulky. He's a lot bigger then last season.
  • Members

• csmopar

csmopar 16,293

• IinD

IinD 4,490

• Jason_

Jason_ 2,304

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,291

• Fat Clemenza

Fat Clemenza 392

• cdgacoltsfan