Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm a little worried about the separation of Luck and Fleener.

Fleener had a huge game in almost all the wins standford had last year.

In the fiesta bowl, Oklahoma shut fleener down and they lost (although luck still had a good game).

Anyone else think drafting this guy is important?

I don't want to go TE that early but even if we do, I like Dwayne Allen over Fleener.

Some people have been saying that since the since the TE talent is weak this year in terms of depth, Fleener should last to the mid-late second round...well wouldn't it make sense, in a draft where most of the other positions are deep, to target the top tier talent (Allen and Fleener) at a less deep position slightly earlier than normal, so long as you have a need there, since it may very well be the only "real" talent at the position...just a thought. I never really got the whole "The TE class is weak this year so that means the top guys will fall also" argument.

I don't want to go TE that early but even if we do, I like Dwayne Allen over Fleener.

Some people have been saying that since the since the TE talent is weak this year in terms of depth, Fleener should last to the mid-late second round...well wouldn't it make sense, in a draft where most of the other positions are deep, to target the top tier talent (Allen and Fleener) at a less deep position slightly earlier than normal, so long as you have a need there, since it may very well be the only "real" talent at the position...just a thought. I never really got the whole "The TE class is weak this year so that means the top guys will fall also" argument.

i want to take a flyer on Chase Ford in the 6th or 7th out of Miami he has alot of upside.

So during the free agency, with the exception of Wayne, we have been signing big boys for the Offensive and Defensive lines. Just added a center today., If this keeps up, still have 37 days till the draft, a lot of these holes could be filled up and free up an earlier pick for a TE and WR. Baylors Gantana (?) in pro day was an impressive RB.

I'm a little worried about the separation of Luck and Fleener.

Fleener had a huge game in almost all the wins standford had last year.

In the fiesta bowl, Oklahoma shut fleener down and they lost (although luck still had a good game).

Anyone else think drafting this guy is important?

I wouldn't be worried about the seperation of Luck and Fleener, but it would be nice to have both of them here. Just as Manning had Dallas Clark as a reliable pass catching tight end, Fleener could be that guy for Luck. It would help him to have a receiving threat that he's used to. Although we may have other needs in the second round, it may be worth it to draft Fleener because of the chemistry they already have. TE is still a need for the Colts.

I don't think it is important unless we lose Tamme and even then I wouldn't put it in top 3 needs in the draft. The TE class is weak that's pretty much been set in stone. I'd have no problem passing on Fleener for a WR or DB that's a better player than Fleener. We could get a TE in later rounds or through FA.

TE is a need for the colts and as others have pointed out its not a depth position in this years draft.

Fleener is big and fills the new prototype TE that will overtake the NFL in the coming years.

Also Luck is used to him.

Often in drafts there is a run on a position for whatever reason, teams just hit one position often earlier than expected.

While we obviously have many holes to fill, I would hate to lose out on the opportunity to get this guy. Between him and reggie, I think Luck will have some options.