Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[J. T. O'Sullivan] Jordan Love Film Session

I’m not so sure...the Panthers, bucs and Raiders are less likely, but not out of the J Love sweepstakes in the top 15...if he makes it past the Jags at 20, which seems likely given their current roster strategy, then we just have to jump in front of the Pats and nab him at 22

Jordan Love is not falling to 34, nor would the colts even draft him if he did. I know I wouldn't want the colts to get him, they clearly didn't like him enough to keep their 13th overall pick to take him. If they truly loved him they would have traded up to 7 or 6 to take him. 

35 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Jordan Love is not falling to 34, nor would the colts even draft him if he did. I know I wouldn't want the colts to get him, they clearly didn't like him enough to keep their 13th overall pick to take him. If they truly loved him they would have traded up to 7 or 6 to take him. 

Look what happened with Drew Lock in last years draft. It probably doesn’t happen but things like him falling does have Precedent. Ballard probably thought that SF deal was to big to pass up. He could also have inside info on a guy like Love from a agent. He has been bold so far so I don’t count anything out in the draft.

I want to see how the TUA situation is handled. If he can’t  personally be examined and have conditioning test by team doctors I think he is the one that could fall.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Look what happened with Drew Lock in last years draft. It probably doesn’t happen but things like him falling does have Precedent. Ballard probably thought that SF deal was to big to pass up. He could also have inside info on a guy like Love from a agent. He has been bold so far so I don’t count anything out in the draft.

I want to see how the TUA situation is handled. If he can’t  personally be examined and have conditioning test by team doctors I think he is the one that could fall.

Inside info, so you're saying he received info that Love wasn't worth taking? So why would he take him at 34. 

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I meant to include this in my last comment, guys like Love don't fall because they have so much talent that teams will see that and forget all the bad things about him and they'll immediately think they can coach those bad things out. Guys like Herbert are the ones to fall cause they don't have as much talent as Love and prospects like Herbert just give GMs and scouts a bad feeling about whether they just don't care about football, they're too introverted, or they wouldn't be a good leader. I know I had a weird feeling about him as well as a lot of people on here.

I mean obviously anything can happen but I just don't see it as a likely outcome considering Love is being compared to Mahomes and some team will definitely see the small resemblance and take the shot considering all the QB needy teams. 

11 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Inside info, so you're saying he received info that Love wasn't worth taking? So why would he take him at 34. 

No. That isn’t what I meant. I don’t know if you read the story on Mahomes. Mahomes agent thought KC was the best place for him. He did everything in his power to keep KC informed on other teams that were interested might take him.  He even sent him Mahomes workouts so KC could stay away. It worked because they moved up to ten and the Saints were going to take him at 11. What I meant was Ballard could have info and being told that Love was not going to go that high in the first.  Ballard has been  very bold so far so I don’t count out him moving back up if he slides a little.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No. That isn’t what I meant. I don’t know if you read the story on Mahomes. Mahomes agent thought KC was the best place for him. He did everything in his power to keep KC informed on other teams that were interested might take him.  He even sent him Mahomes workouts so KC could stay away. It worked because they moved up to ten and the Saints were going to take him at 11. What I meant was Ballard could have info and being told that Love was not going to go that high in the first.  Ballard has been  very bold so far so I don’t count out him moving back up if he slides a little.

Ok sorry, I didn't understand what you were saying. I hadn't heard that about Mahomes. 

1 minute ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Ok sorry, I didn't understand what you were saying. I hadn't heard that about Mahomes. 

I think Ballard has a lot of connections and a good pulse on the league. It’s going to be a interesting draft. Everyone knew Lock was the broncos target and was shocked they didn’t take him in the first. It turns out their info was right and he was still there in the second.  After what he did with they Buckner trade and the Rivers signing I am not ruling out anything. 

17 hours ago, CaptainColt12 said:

I meant to include this in my last comment, guys like Love don't fall because they have so much talent that teams will see that and forget all the bad things about him and they'll immediately think they can coach those bad things out. Guys like Herbert are the ones to fall cause they don't have as much talent as Love and prospects like Herbert just give GMs and scouts a bad feeling about whether they just don't care about football, they're too introverted, or they wouldn't be a good leader. I know I had a weird feeling about him as well as a lot of people on here.

I mean obviously anything can happen but I just don't see it as a likely outcome considering Love is being compared to Mahomes and some team will definitely see the small resemblance and take the shot considering all the QB needy teams. 

Hmmmm..so in what world is Herbert not as talented as Love?  I would argue that he is more talented when u consider his physical and mental traits.

6 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmm..so in what world is Herbert not as talented as Love?  I would argue that he is more talented when u consider his physical and mental traits.

I think love is the most talented QB in this class. His accuracy and zip to the football is unbelievable. I just seem him make throws that are comparable to Aaron Rodgers and I have never seen Herbert make throws that just blew me away. 

I mean I like Herbert more just cause I think Love has a very high chance of being a bust but he is definitely more talented. 

48 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

I think love is the most talented QB in this class. His accuracy and zip to the football is unbelievable. I just seem him make throws that are comparable to Aaron Rodgers and I have never seen Herbert make throws that just blew me away. 

I mean I like Herbert more just cause I think Love has a very high chance of being a bust but he is definitely more talented. 

I am confused. Love is more talented but he is a higher risk of being a bust than Herbert?

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I am confused. Love is more talented but he is a higher risk of being a bust than Herbert?

Yes, that doesn't mean he is a better prospect than herbert, I just think he's the most talented. Patrick Mahomes was the most talented QB in 2017, but Deshaun Watson was the best prospect because he had a lot less of a chance to be a bust than Mahomes did. 

13 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Yes, that doesn't mean he is a better prospect than herbert, I just think he's the most talented. Patrick Mahomes was the most talented QB in 2017, but Deshaun Watson was the best prospect because he had a lot less of a chance to be a bust than Mahomes did. 

Having a cannon arm doesnt make someone more talented.  One could actually argue that when u compare all their physical tools,Watson is more physically talented than Mahommes. 

16 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Also.  There were a lot of questions about Watson's style being able to translate to the NFL.   

I think Love is the most talented QB in this draft too. If Love puts it all together he can be scary in the league. But I agree with @CaptainColt12 that he has highest bust potential too. There is work to be done with him and a lot of how good he becomes will depend on his drive and determination to get better and his ability to learn, but yeah... 

Archived