Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wes Welker is a SB jinx


chad72

Recommended Posts

Wes Welker was part of both the 2007 and 2011 Patriots SB losses. Then, he goes to Broncos and is part of their 2013 SB loss to the Seahawks. Both teams won SBs once they part ways with him.

 

Then he goes to the 49ers as WR coach and is now a part of their 2019 SB loss.

 

Jinx, maybe??? :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another tidbit of useless trivia:

 

2015 – Peyton is benched due to injury and misses a few games, back and fresh enough for the playoffs

2016 – Brady suspended for 4 games, he was clearly fresh for the playoffs

2017 – Carson Wentz goes down, Nick Foles rises with not much film on his tendencies

2018 – Edelman suspended for 4 games, he was clearly fresh for the playoffs

2019 – Mahomes misses a couple of games, he was clearly fresh and healthy for the playoffs

 

Which player on a SB winning team will miss some time before coming back fresh for the playoffs next year? :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 10:52 AM, chad72 said:

Another tidbit of useless trivia:

 

2015 – Peyton is benched due to injury and misses a few games, back and fresh enough for the playoffs

2016 – Brady suspended for 4 games, he was clearly fresh for the playoffs

2017 – Carson Wentz goes down, Nick Foles rises with not much film on his tendencies

2018 – Edelman suspended for 4 games, he was clearly fresh for the playoffs

2019 – Mahomes misses a couple of games, he was clearly fresh and healthy for the playoffs

 

Which player on a SB winning team will miss some time before coming back fresh for the playoffs next year? :) 

Every team has players who miss time

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 1:38 PM, chad72 said:

Wes Welker was part of both the 2007 and 2011 Patriots SB losses. Then, he goes to Broncos and is part of their 2013 SB loss to the Seahawks. Both teams won SBs once they part ways with him.

 

Then he goes to the 49ers as WR coach and is now a part of their 2019 SB loss.

 

Jinx, maybe??? :) 

Hmmm... I'm two ways about this.

 

Another way of looking at it is Wes Welker is the key to getting into the Superbowl.

 

I think I'd rather have the jinx of consistently making it to the Superbowl, although losing, than the jinx of consistently not being in it. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Hmmm... I'm two ways about this.

 

Another way of looking at it is Wes Welker is the key to getting into the Superbowl.

 

I think I'd rather have the jinx of consistently making it to the Superbowl, although losing, than the jinx of consistently not being in it. 

 

 

 

Yep. I am sure Bill Polian and Marv Levy were tagged with the 0-4 till Bill Polian broke through with Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning in his 5th time knocking on a SB door. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I would strongly consider signing FA safety Eric Reid.   Than we need to see about focusing on LT, TEs, and DEs for next season.  Worse case may have to see how the Cardinals are using Kelvin Beachum and offer a trade if we end up losing AC early mid-trade season.  Other potential upcoming FA's may look more into would be TB Bucs WR Chris Godwin, TE Gerald Everett, and DE Trent Murphy.     I realized we just paid Kelly at center but oft-injured game-time availability has me wondering how our backup would do.  Am looking at Centers Daniel Kilgore (KC), Evan Brown (Browns) or Josh Andrews (Jets) as potential backup targets.    As for the 2021 draft my early LT target to keep an eye on is Jackson Carman from Clemson in Round 1.  Again I am high on S Hamsah Nasirildeen (Florida St) who went back to school but should still be a first rounder.  TE Pat Freiermuth (Penn St) has me intrigued.  As for DEs had Edge Patrick Jones II (Pitttsburgh) on my wish list in Round 2.  Hilton's age on the end of his career had me looking at WR Nico Collins (Michigan) in Round 3.  Collins has solid hands and no history of drops.
    • I’ve found my new favorite way to watch a game.  Really gives you an idea of what's happening.    You can see play design, who’s out of position, who missed a block, who fell down, even who’s pickin their nose or scratchin their butt. All 22 on the field so you miss nothing.   I especially like to see the blocking bubbles grow or collapse on the line.   I just cant say how much i’m gaining from this.  Each play is run twice...once from sideline (all 22), then from endzone (all 22).  Great to see the plays develop, or a defender fly across the field to a tackle.   No sound, so i will still watch normally first (or radio sometimes for drama), but if anyone never checked it out..... you must!  I cant believe i waited this long.  I have such a better idea of what we’re trying to do and who looks good or bad on EVERY play.   Also, i feel better about last week after watching for some odd reason.  I kept finding myself saying “oh, thats why that happened.”   The normal perspective is such a focused frame , usually on the ball.  We’re missing all the little battles going on in the periphery.
    • Well the misconception was the Jags were going to tank this season. No one told them that.  Your sky is falling opinion is way too pre mature. 
    • My questions are can he find the crack and what will he do mean the crack ain’t there.  Wisconsin doesn’t do cracks, they block chasms against the cornfield circuit.
    • Many die hard colt fans are sugar coating this loss as they want to believe so hard that this was a fluke or lol actually believing the Jags are a good team!  After the Jags just unloaded ALL their probowl talent, you think the roster is loaded?  If their loaded, what do you call this colts roster?  I think the Colts overlooked their opponent even know they haven't won there since a grip.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...