Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wes Welker is a SB jinx

chad72

Wes Welker was part of both the 2007 and 2011 Patriots SB losses. Then, he goes to Broncos and is part of their 2013 SB loss to the Seahawks. Both teams won SBs once they part ways with him.

Then he goes to the 49ers as WR coach and is now a part of their 2019 SB loss.

Jinx, maybe??? :) 

Another tidbit of useless trivia:

2015 – Peyton is benched due to injury and misses a few games, back and fresh enough for the playoffs

2016 – Brady suspended for 4 games, he was clearly fresh for the playoffs

2017 – Carson Wentz goes down, Nick Foles rises with not much film on his tendencies

2018 – Edelman suspended for 4 games, he was clearly fresh for the playoffs

2019 – Mahomes misses a couple of games, he was clearly fresh and healthy for the playoffs

Which player on a SB winning team will miss some time before coming back fresh for the playoffs next year? :) 

On 2/5/2020 at 10:52 AM, chad72 said:

Another tidbit of useless trivia:

2015 – Peyton is benched due to injury and misses a few games, back and fresh enough for the playoffs

2016 – Brady suspended for 4 games, he was clearly fresh for the playoffs

2017 – Carson Wentz goes down, Nick Foles rises with not much film on his tendencies

2018 – Edelman suspended for 4 games, he was clearly fresh for the playoffs

2019 – Mahomes misses a couple of games, he was clearly fresh and healthy for the playoffs

Which player on a SB winning team will miss some time before coming back fresh for the playoffs next year? :) 

Every team has players who miss time

On 2/4/2020 at 1:38 PM, chad72 said:

Wes Welker was part of both the 2007 and 2011 Patriots SB losses. Then, he goes to Broncos and is part of their 2013 SB loss to the Seahawks. Both teams won SBs once they part ways with him.

Then he goes to the 49ers as WR coach and is now a part of their 2019 SB loss.

Jinx, maybe??? :) 

Hmmm... I'm two ways about this.

Another way of looking at it is Wes Welker is the key to getting into the Superbowl.

I think I'd rather have the jinx of consistently making it to the Superbowl, although losing, than the jinx of consistently not being in it. 

5 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Hmmm... I'm two ways about this.

Another way of looking at it is Wes Welker is the key to getting into the Superbowl.

I think I'd rather have the jinx of consistently making it to the Superbowl, although losing, than the jinx of consistently not being in it. 

Yep. I am sure Bill Polian and Marv Levy were tagged with the 0-4 till Bill Polian broke through with Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning in his 5th time knocking on a SB door. :)