Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Yep, he could have been ours.

Besides being a great player and extremely smart, he comes for cheap.   

I think we'll be introduced to him next week.

A rare opportunity to take advantage of a team pretty much tanking and rebuilding. Would love to see the Colts make a move like that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Right...but nobody is being cast aside.  

This year...the Colts signed Funchess...despite having drafted Cain, Fountain and Campbell. You can stay with the guys you have AND add in talented guys when opportunities present themselves. 

That's different.  Receiver is a position where there are usually 5 to 6 people there.  

There's only one SS spot and maybe another spot for another guy to play in sub packages, but that's not why they drafted Willis.  If they bring on Adams then Willis for damn sure isn't going to ever be anything but a back up.  He said he wants to build and develop through the draft and supplement through free agency.  So far from his actions that supplement means bring in a guy or two at spots where we are pretty weak or extremely inexperienced.  You can't say that about SS right now because you have Willis and Geathers for at least this year.  

7 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I think winning resonates well...as does competition...which Ballard has preached since he arrived. That is a huge part of the model. 

I don't really see how adding a talented player via trade is deviating from that model. Every year, Ballard drafts at least 7 guys and signs another handful in FA. It's not like those guys come here to back up the incumbents...they are here to compete and take someone's job.

The Adams move makes more sense if we just had Clayton Geathers and nothing else to hang our hat on.  If this was last year then I'd say yeah lets get rid of Geathers and bring in Adams.  You bring in Adams now and there's not much to do with Willis. He'll be on the bench in most occasions for the next 4 years. 

What if this same thing happened during Bob Sanders 1st year in the league? We would have never gotten to see him become what he became because we brought in a high priced FA to play over him for the next 4 years .  You gotta let your guys play if you think they are any good.