Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!
Sign in to follow this  
Scott Pennock

Braden Smith Article

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2019/6/18/18658358/colts-franchise-building-blocks-braden-smith

"Introduction

Braden Smith was drafted with the 37th overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft out of Auburn to be the Colts Guard of the future, keeping Luck upright and opening up running lanes for Mack and Co.

However, things didn’t go according to plan.

Austin Howard, a veteran free agent tackle turned out to have bricks for feet. J’Marcus Webb started a few games but wound up on IR after a nasty injury. Matt Slauson endured a terrible career-ending spinal injury versus New England, and suddenly Smith found himself playing tackle."

I couldn't even read past the introduction because Howard was cut at the end of pre-season, Webb started the opener, Good started a game, Haeg started 2 games AND THEN Smith started the rest of the season.

On top of it all, Glowinski is the guy that got his chance to shine when Slauson suffered his injury.

This guy writes on a Colts blog but still doesn't have a clue about his own team he's supposed to be writing for.....or am I being too nitpicky?

The rest of the article about him being a building block very well may be spot on, I'm not sure. Though I do believe that he is.

• Like 2

I have noticed with the colts increasing popularity there is a lot of band wagoners jumping on the colts who write or talk about them and don’t have a clue. There have been so many podcast that have emerged where they have no clue about the colts. So many inaccuracies. 

• Like 1

Stampede Blue is very hit and miss.   But the website is turning out a lot if material and a good amount if it is indeed good.   So it’s always worth checking out.

Writers on this website are NOT bandwagon jumpers.   If they’re writing for the site they likely have been a member of that community a long time.   Certainly long enough to gain a reputation with those who run the site.    I’m willing to give most anyone a shot before I reach any conclusion.   Obviously some are better than others.   

32 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Stampede Blue is very hit and miss.   But the website is turning out a lot if material and a good amount if it is indeed good.   So it’s always worth checking out.

Writers on this website are NOT bandwagon jumpers.   If they’re writing for the site they likely have been a member of that community a long time.   Certainly long enough to gain a reputation with those who run the site.    I’m willing to give most anyone a shot before I reach any conclusion.   Obviously some are better than others.   

They do churn out material, but, perhaps they need to check on their "hiring" standards with a couple of them!?

35 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

They do churn out material, but, perhaps they need to check on their "hiring" standards with a couple of them!?

Youll get no argument from me.

I think they let people write a story and check the number of clicks and see how many readers they get.   Just a hunch....

• Thanks 1

I have been enjoying SB for it's Colts coverage.
That said, this guys analysis is off on several of these plays. JMO of course.