Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Extending players early-Jim Irsay

44 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Rumor has it is Kelly. AC, Moore, and the punter.

I seen, not sure about AC, maybe a 2 year extension if his play stays at a quality level, continuity is important but were going to need a new LT at some point in the next few years.

Moore and Sanchez are no brainers, im interested to see what kind of numbers Kelly will entertain and if he will take a deal or test FA.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Rumor has it is Kelly. AC, Moore, and the punter.

I would agree with all of them if they give us a reasonable home town/early extension deal.  That would certainly be a good use of the money now so we don't have to pay it ALL later.. 

51 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Ayyy Chad Forbes.

No but really, even though he’s gotta shakey rep, it seemed like an oddly specific thing to outright make up.

Not that this proves him 100% correct, just that it seems like he very well could’ve heard something.

By the way,  by coincidence,  Bill Polian was on NFL radio today and as I was listening the topic turned to extending contracts of your good players early.

And,  paraphrasing Bill here....    it's always better to extend early if you can.   Because he said,  it's always, always, always cheaper to do it early than later.    Prices go up and you'll regret it if you don't get these guys signed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They are so busy this time of year it makes sense they would wait to do it until after the draft also.

Yeah, true. He's said basically this whole month/next month is them making their board, and whatever time hasn't been spent doing that has been re-signing/signing FA's.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

By the way,  by coincidence,  Bill Polian was on NFL radio today and as I was listening the topic turned to extending contracts of your good players early.

And,  paraphrasing Bill here....    it's always better to extend early if you can.   Because he said,  it's always, always, always cheaper to do it early than later.    Prices go up and you'll regret it if you don't get these guys signed.

I thought Polian officially retired from the limelight. Or just from ESPN?

28 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

I thought Polian officially retired from the limelight. Or just from ESPN?

Well....    I thought it was from just ESPN.

But it maybe from NFL Radio as well.    At the end, the host, Alex Marvez was saying goodbye in such a way that led me to believe Bill might not be a regular on the show anymore,  and might instead only be a visiting guest.    But,  I didn't fully get it,  so am not entirely sure.